Amerigas in Evergreen has to be the worst propane supplier around. We called 10 days ago and told them we were below 10% and 10 days later with some sub zero nights they still have not delivered and not sure when they will.

We have had no heat because we didn't want to incur their $150 fee to pressure check our system if our propane ran out, so we turned it off. The house has been in the 50's in the mornings. They also charge $150 to have someone come up immediately.

I have called 3 times and still no one is here. Their comment, "Well, it's only been 7 working days"! Kiss this customer goodbye! Don't know if all Amerigas locations are the same, but this is not the first time this has happened to us with this location. Rarely, do they take less than a week to get here.

I would never recommend Amerigas to anyone for home propane delivery and will let everyone I know not to use them.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 18, 2011.

Comments

So it's their fault that you waited until you were almost empty to order fuel? Did you expect it to instantly teleport into your tank when you got off the phone?

If your fail to plan, you plan to fail. Your idiocy is not a lack of customer service on the part of Amerigas.

Why the *** would you expect good customer service? I'm sure this company is running barebones to pad the stockholders and officers pockets. As an ex-employee I can assure you money is the only driving force in that company!

Lyman, South Carolina, United States #256496

If YOU called in for propane, you are most likely a will call customer. You MUST call at 30%.

That gives them enough time to get to you before you have no heat and are sitting in sub zero temperatures. It's winter. They have thousands of customers to deliver to. How can you expect someone to just jump to your rescue when you were not responsible enough to call when your tank was a little fuller?!

10%?

really? How dumb can you honestly be?

The weather has been very cold lately and the last time I looked it was at 40%. We used more propane more quickly than we expected.

I have been told that they are in our area twice a week so why does it take 10-14 WORKING days?

That is unacceptable I feel when my neighbors are getting theirs in 1 week or less (not working days). Also considering how much Amerigas is charging for their precious propane, it should be delivered the same day!

Lyman, South Carolina, United States #250486

Hi, this is Fran from AmeriGas. I’m sorry to read that you are having issues with Customer Service.

We’d like to assist and help you as soon as possible – please email me at customerfirstfran@amerigas.com with your account details so we can look into your situation. Thanks, Fran

ZoeBay in Evergreen has to be the worst propane customer around. We told her to place her order no lower than 30%, but she waited until 10%!

Now we have sub zero temperatures and hundreds of deliveries to make, but she's on the phone screaming at us to come out right away!

It's not our fault she waited until 10% like a dummy!

I guess she doesn't understand that sending a $150,000 truck being driven by a driver that we pay hourly and have to insure and train completely out of its way to fill just her tank because she couldn't be bothered to order at 30% costs us a lot of money! I guess we're just supposed to eat that cost because we have a dumb customer.

Lyman, South Carolina, United States #250459

why did you wait until you were below 10% to call. It is the middle of he winter you know.