I am leasing my home and have a 500 gallon propane tank that is owned by my Landlord. I had been using Ferrell Gas and decided to call around to see what other companies where offering.

I called Amerigas they offered gas at $1.99 a gallon plus $25.00 off and promised delivery by Monday and free gas leak check. The delivery guy shows up on Monday he checks for leaks and finds a leak which I am thankful he did.He then calls his supervisor to check and see if he can still fill the tank. The Supervisor says no it would be a liability. He leaves and My Landlord shows up after we call him and tell him everything.He calls Amerigas to bring a part with them so he can fix it then we could get it filled.

When the next delivery shows up he says to the Landlord that even if he fixes the leak he can not fill the tank. My Landlord is going to purchase his own new tank and install it.Well this morning I get a call from Amerigas saying so you are interested in buying one of our tanks? I said no my Landlord is buying one of his own. He then gave me attitude saying well he will have to replace all the system including the pipes leading to the house.

It is obvious that they want their tank installed so we are stuck with leasing and stuck with their prices. I don't think so and after reading everyones complaints I am so glad we will be able to call around and find the best deal.

Please own your own tank you will be thankful you did. Amerigas another customer lost.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Gas Tank.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 09, 2010.

Comments

hey snooki pull up your panties it stinks

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

i know for a FACT (as I am an amerigas customer) that they do NOT sell their tanks. from what i can tell, the set up you have was unsafe, they offered to put in a safe one for you landlord... for shame amerigas for wanting a safe fuel delivery system.

I have never dealt with propane until I moved here a year ago. I will never deal with them again I promise and the smartbutt crystal meth comments. You dont know me so shut your fat lips.

You smoke crack and make love to your mother.

Pretty soon electricity will be run by solar and none of these money hunry companies will be around.

If you did not work for Amerigas you would not even be worried about what I'm writting, you are the lier.

EVERYONE SHOULD GET RID OF PROPANE ALL TOGETHER. THEY All rip you off.

Plus it is more dangerous than electric or solar powered.

i am moving soon to a central heat and air installed home. Goddbye cheaters!

All that was wrong was the regulator? Oh, that's no big deal. It's not unsafe for the device that regulates the gas pressure in your lines to be working properly or anything.

People like you are probably why Amerigas won't fix customer owned tanks. Do you realize the liability involved with that sort of thing?

Also, every single propane company out there is going to give you a cheap first fill rate to get you to sign up. They offer you a deal, and you freak out and say they're trying to scam you.

I don't work for Amerigas, but I'm glad I don't. If I had to deal with people like you all day I'd go crazy. People want gas for free and want it delivered instantly, and then make up tons of BS and cry like children when they don't get their way.

AMERIGAS SUXS SPREAD THE WORD TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!

ALL THAT WAS WRONG WITH THE TANK WAS THE REGULATOR.GET THE FACTS BEFORE YOU RUN YOUR FAT MOUTH!

YOU MUST BE THAT *** I TALKED TO WHEN SIGNING UP FOR GAS.

I AM GOING TO TELL ALL OF MY 400 FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK AND MYSPACE AND THE BBB AND ON ON ABOUT THIS COMPANY!

I CAN TELL AMRERIGAS IS ALL ABOUT TRYING TO GET YOU TO PURCHASE THEIR TANK SO YOU ARE STUCK WITH THEIR PRICES.I DON'T KNOW IF AMERIGAS CAUSED THE LEAK THEY COULD HAVE FOR ALL I KNOW. ALL I KNOW IS EVERYONE NEEDS TO MAKE A WISE CHOISE WHEN CHOSING A GAS COMPANY. THEY ARE DIRTY AND ALSO RISE THEIR PRICES ABOVE EVERYONE ELSE BUT LOWER IT TO GET YOU IN.

You need to get a life a HOLE.

you must work for Amerigas I noticed everyone person who has complained , you all make smartbutt comments back..............

But whining on the internet about a propane tank WAS worth wasting your time on? They find a leak and try to tell you what needs to be done to fix it, and instead of being grateful you're complaining about it. If you want to go with a propane company that's going to let you catch on fire or explode, then that's your choice.

You wish you where "LawEnforcement" douche bag!

aliciacain12

*** You! You are not even worth wasteing my time!