In 2007, Amerigas bought out our local propane provider in Canon CIty, Colo.

Since then, customer service has nose-dived. We have two houses with two tanks in rural location. Amerigas insisted on combining them on one account. Consequently, the driver typically comes, fills one, and forgets the other one.

Then we have to call, and wait, and call, and hear empty promises, and wait -- all the time hoping that it doesn't snow, if it's winter time.

We're dropping them--you can read the whole story here: http://natureblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/amerigas-well-let-you-freeze.html

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Account.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 23, 2011.

Comments

I've seen the same boilerplate comment from "Fran" cut-and-pasted elsewhere. After dealing with the local office, the national so-called consumer service line, and the so-called national emergency line, why would I bother with "Fran"?

My name is Fran and I work for AmeriGas. I am sorry to hear about your issues with customer service and would like to help.

At your convenience, please contact me directly via email at customerfirstfran@amerigas.com so we can promptly assist you with this issue.

To better assist you, please provide your AmeriGas customer number, phone number or the address and zip code where your propane tank is located. Thank-You, Fran