I've been a customer of Amerigas and it's predecessors for 28+ years. In two of the last three years I've run out of propane in the winter.

They almost made it 3 out of 4 the other day but I caught it in time. To their credit when I did run out of gas they delivered the same day within a few hours. Each of the three times their computer said I was out or negative. How hard would it to deliver at 5 to 10%?

This latest time the ticket said I was on my reserve, whatever that is, for almost three weeks.

The website is a joke. Try to log on without the first four letters/numbers of your account number, try "contacting" via email without your entire account number.

They want you to go paperless yet you have to call them to change something as simple as your email address so they can contact you when they are billing you. Who's saving money, it's yet another green joke.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Account.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 11, 2010.

Comments

The tank had a lock put on it because noone was home when the driver came to deliver. Someone needs to be home so the driver can perform the leak and pressure test that is REQUIRED BY LAW if your tank runs empty.

You were told this, yet you failed to have someone there for the test. Rather than break the law, the only choice the company has is to lock off your tank until the test can be completed. Maybe you'd rather have air in your lines and blow up your house instead? Amerigas is so terrible for worrying about your safety OMG!

You should find another company that doesn't care about laws or safety to deliver your propane! Yeah!

Cold winter in NC. Tank went empty.

Called, left message to refill. 5 days later filled, but then put a LOCK on the tank, because it was empty, just like I told them!!!! No gas for a month, phone number busy all day, then when I leave a message, no reply. Called main office number, told them to pick the *** thing up and cancel my account.

Just got another bill for the gas, plus a RENTAL fee, for having a tank with a LOCK on it!! Will get a lawyer before I pay Amerigas another penny.

Criminal service. Beware...

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

I've searched their website and the web for an address so I can write a letter - remember those? - of complaint.

They don't even list a mailing address! I instructed them to stop delivery for the season, and 4 weeks later they delivered to the tune of $800+ and charged my credit card.