Henderson, Nevada
4.0

I over paid my Amerigas account by 275.00. I am a 10 year returning EXCELLENT customer.

Last month (July 2015)I purchased enough gas for three years (big tank and meager heating as I am only one person in a small home). and overpaid my account inadvertently, via bank draft, $275.00. I called the corporate office, who referred me to the local New Mexico office, inquiring about a refund. I am a disabled senior so money is of the essence.

They informed me, that they would not give a refund and would apply the amount as a credit on my account....ON THE BOOKS FOR 3 YEARS??. Is this even legal?

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Gas Tank.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Amerigas Pros: Delivery personnel, Delivery person.

Amerigas Cons: Business practices.

Comments

No that's wrong as someone who works for this company we are not allowed to keep credits on the account and have to submit refunds they are most likely telling you no because they are lazy and don't want to go through the process of doing a refund

@Anonymous

Thank you for your response. I ultimately had to go to the Utilities Regulatory Commission, who put a burr under their saddle.

Apparently the corporate offices were made aware of the situation, and remedied it. Having dealt with this company's bookkeeping in the past I made sure all was put in writing....and, it was a good thing I did, as again and again I had to refer to the letter to ultimately get the issue straightened out.

Once, even, the clerk told me to mail her a copy of the letter, that came from her own *** office?? I told her absolutely not, that she could get her lazy butt in gear and pull it from her files...after all "you're the one in customer service, not me", I said to her.

Amerigas Reviews