We moved from our home in Michigan to Montana on April 18Th 2011. Two days prior I called Amerigas to close the account.

They told me they will come shut it off the day after I leave that way we still had heat for the 2 days left. I thought that was great. I had a credit with them and also had 30% left in my tank so I am owed over $400. I was told that I would see the check in 6 to 8 weeks.

Well I started calling at the 8 week mark. The first call the guy said there was a problem closing the account and they will get it closed asap. I called 5 more times between June 18Th and now (july 6) to make sure the account got closed. They told me that it closed yesterday (July 5) which is the 3rd time I've heard that.

So now I get to wait another 6 to 8 weeks for my check to get here. I will never use Amerigas again. The local office was very lazy and did not care about us unless we owed them money.

The call center has very poor contact with the local offices. I will post again if I see my check in the next 6 to 8 weeks.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Account.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 06, 2011.

Comments

They are doing the same to me .I closed my account over 2 yrs ago,9 months ago I got a bill for renting thier tanks,and not filling them,I thought I took care of it with a call to the local office,well, NOT. Keep getting the same bill only with over $60 late charges.I've been on hold for hrs trying to talk with anybody from there .One person said they have to turn in my account to thier research dept ,and yet another late bill,thier customer service is terrible

Lyman, South Carolina, United States #309574

Hi, my name is Fran and I work for AmeriGas. I’m sorry to hear about your issues with billing and we would like to help you.

Please send your account details to me at customerfirstfran@amerigas.com so we can promptly assist you. Thank you, Fran