I have been an Amerigas customer for 10 years and the last couple of years I have seen their customer service level drop like a hot brick thru butter....Last straw was last week when I had a delivery to our out building and we asked him to fill the house tank. Driver checked tank, yes it's low but I don't have enough in truck, I will be back.

Fast forward to this Friday night..no heat- yep out of Propane, Called Cust service at call center at God knows where.Long story short they have no record of low gas report from driver, and fill request and we will have to $98 fee because we are empty. I complained that we always tell them to fill both tanks when we call, but was told that we have to enter two separate orders, Drivers are always frustrated with the new computer system as well.

Was told yesterday that they would probably be out that day..no show, called last night & they can't tell me when we are scheduled or where driver is at on his schedule,,,Hello don't they have cell phones?

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 30, 2011.

Comments

Lyman, South Carolina, United States #255096

and you really didn't spell Hello with a "w" did you?

Lyman, South Carolina, United States #255093

It amazing. Every complaint I read on this site about Amerigas has to do with an *** running out of gas and then they are pissed that Amerigas wont just drop everything, screw all their other customers that called when they were supposed to and rush a delivery out to them at 3:00AM without any additional charges applied.

Are you idiots brain dead? Go to any propane company in the middle of the winter and see how long it takes to get a delivery and how much they charge you when you run out of gas.

I have a real simple solution, get your lazy *** of of your couch and check your tank regularly and quit looking for handouts!! They are trying to run a business and it is amazing they can successfully do it with morons like you!

Helow ???? Ok pull over and talk. I've seen my delivery driver talk on phone while making delivery.

Gray, Georgia, United States #242319

Hellllooo, haven't you heard of the Department of Transportation? They have laws against using cell phones while driving ENORMOUS TRUCKS FILLED WITH FLAMMABLE GAS.

My name is Fran and I work for AmeriGas. I am sorry to hear about your issues with customer service and would like to help.

At your convenience, please contact me directly via email at customerfirstfran@amerigas.com so we can promptly assist you with this issue.

To better assist you, please provide your AmeriGas customer number, phone number or the address and zip code where your propane tank is located. Thank-You, Fran