Dayton, Ohio

I called and asked to cancel my account last year after finding out they were charging me rent for a tank that I owned, and higher gas prices than free market price!This year they billed me for a lock in rate that I refused last year and asked for my account to be cancelled.

They seem to be creating their own contract to provide me service without my consent or knowledge. How much time do others lose by not watching the bills? Isn't this illegal, to send a bill to someone for something they did not order? Now I have to spend my time to fix a problem they created.

Even if they refund / cancel the bill I am out my time and effort.

Imagine the number of people that won't catch this type of fraud.This is the real concern I have, that they are getting away with this with our aging population and less aware.

Review about: Amerigas Gas Tank.

Had an Experience with Amerigas?

Comments

Baltimore, Maryland, United States #708772

The problems you mentioned and more seem to be standard practice for Amerigas after searching the Internet and experiencing them personally.

Avoid this company if at all possible! If they own your tank, buy your own if you can, or get one from another company after careful research. You will be better off in the long run.

They bought out a wonderful company that delivered propane in my area a few years ago and have been trouble EVERYTIME I've had to deal with them since.