Norfolk, Virginia
1.8

I bought a home with a 500 gallon propane tank in the ground. The tank had no label or contact info of any kind on it.

I called around and Amerigas claims it was theirs. I asked if they could prove it and they literally would not produce any proof. I needed propane and other gas companies refused to fill this one unless I could prove ownership so I let Amerigas fill it. The pricing is exorbitant and they are terrible about transparency on pricing.

The rep claims the price contains all kinds of things that are above and beyond just the cost of the propane.

The bottom line is if you are buying a house and there is a propane tank already there then you should investigate ownership of the tank and do your best to avoid getting locked into Amerigas. I have called around the local area (VA) and they are by far the highest priced on a per gallon basis.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Gas Tank.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Amerigas to be forced to charge a fair price for the goods/services they provide..

Amerigas Cons: Price gouging, Inflated propane gas price, Price.

• Propane Price Gouging