Amerigas charged me $150.00 fee for running out of gas. Sometime during the year they put me on "Will Call" because they said that my gas usage is not consistent and they did not want to be responsible for me running out of gas.

Well since they put me on will call I have ran out of gas twice. I have asked them for a bigger tank and they said "No, you don't use enough gas." I asked them for a gauge and again they said "No, because they only come on larger tanks". So not knowing how much gas I have I ran out obviously. So I call them to tell them I ran out of gas and they immediately told me it was no problem to send a truck out but that I had to pay the $150.00 fee for a leak test and to pull a driver off of his regular route, AND they wanted me to go to them and pay that fee in advance.

Just for the record that $150.00 fee is more than they charge me for filling my tank. Hence, I am shopping for a new gas company.

Lastly, I was a customer of Conservative Gas for 30 years before Amerigas took them over, and I have never ever ran out of gas until Amerigas came to town. I am appalled that such thievery is allowed.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 29, 2009.

Comments

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

#207297

For the record the fee's range from area to area. Extremely wide range of prices on that.

I'm not a service tech but I believe they do have magnetic gauges available you can just slap on the tank, not guaranteed but I have heard a few customers mention these. Those 150 dollar charges are due to sending out a driver in a truck to serve only one customer and is necessary to cover costs of equipment making that delivery. It is a different story if they are going out to cover 10-20 people but when sending a bobtail to fill 1 tank that could be a 2-3 hour drive away from yard in some cases costs money. If you were forecast with no balance that wouldn't be a problem.

And as far as a larger tank they were probably not wanting to do that because of the costs of larger tanks vs quantity of orders is not cost effective either.

It's not a business to give away free services. But it is a business where they try to do what is best for customer when they are able to.

The service charge is different to whatever region you are in.

I AM AN AMERIGAS SERVICE TECH WE DO CHARGE 150.00 SPECIAL DELIVERY CHARGE IF THE TANK RUNS OUT ON A CALL IN CUSTOMER. HOWEVER DEPENDING ON THE SIZE OF YOUR TANK YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET A GUAGE I HAVE INSTALLED DOZENS ON TANKS OF ALL SIZES.

THE COMPANY HAS GOOD EMPLOYEES WHO ARE DOING THEIR BEST USUALLY.

WE ARE OVERLOADED DUE TO BEING SHORTHANDED AND HAVING OUR HOURS CUT. UNDERSTAND PLEASE IN MY AREA I AM THE ONLY SERVICE TECH FOR 1600 CUSTOMERS AND MY AREA COVERS OVER 1000 SQ MILES PLEASE BE PATIENT

The leak check is $92, not $150.

why did you let it run out for, watch your tank and call on 30%, its staying cold, and people are using alot more than usuall,