I sold my house July of 2010, and at that time called Amerigas to bring a 500 gal. tank and fill with 200 galons of propane for the new homeowner.

At some point(3 to 5 months after moving in)the new homeowner must have terminated service with them, and now Amerigas wants me to pay an early termination fee. I did'nt terminate service, the new homeowner did.

Reading on the back of the bill it states: "the termnination fee will apply only to those who are Amerigan customers for fewer than 3 years"

Isnt that wonderful- I don't have any control over what the new homeowner does, and yet I am (according to Amerigan) responsible for the new residents' actions for 3 years... how marvelous.

Maybe if Amerigas had better customer service skills, and or better prices, the lady would have continued using them, buy instead of Amerigas being responsible for their actions and losses, I am- for 3 years.

Something about that sounds illegal... anybody out there havin fun like me?

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 11, 2011.

Comments

Lyman, South Carolina, United States #260220

Why would YOU request a tank for the new homeowners? That's not your responsibility.

You can't request service for somebody else, so I'm sure that in the eyes of Amerigas, you requested it, you get billed. Think.

Did you ever think maybe it's a mistake? Have you tried calling and explaining what's going on to see if they'll fix it? Or are you just in a big hurry to run your mouth like an idi ot all over the internet?

Lyman, South Carolina, United States #260110

Hello, my name is Fran and I work for AmeriGas. I’m sorry to hear about your situation with billing.

If you send your account details to me at customerfirstfran@amerigas.com, we will work on assisting you with this issue. Thank you, Fran