I recently ordered propane from amerigas. I was going to use my customer referral Award toward my payment.THIS PROGRAM IS SUCH A JOKE!!!!

I was then told that I did not have anything in my referral account. I refered a person on 12-17-10. They would be a new customer because of the checking of equip., lines, and etc as they do with every NEW CUSTOMER.

Now Amerigas says that they were not new customers because they had received gas from them in 2007. IT HAS BEEN SAID BEFORE---WHEN IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT REALLY IS!!!!YOU GO FIGURE!

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Account.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 29, 2011.

Comments

I understood that you can refer as many people to Amerigas as you like and once they take their first delivery you can get $100 credited to your account. It makes sense that they are not a customer until they take a delivery of gas, otherwise I would have every relative and friend call and become a customer. I would never have to pay for gas again!

Lyman, South Carolina, United States #267215

So....they opened an account with amerigas in 2007 and you are mad that they don't consider them a new customer in 2011?? Got it.

Good luck with that "complaint". :grin :grin

Lyman, South Carolina, United States #266908

Hi, this is Fran from AmeriGas. I’m sorry to read that you are having issues with our Referral Progarm.

We’d like to assist and help you as soon as possible – please email me at customerfirstfran@amerigas.com with your account details so we can look into your situation. Thanks, Fran