Dorr, Michigan

I used Amerigas for 2 years. In the beginning they told me that I had to pay $500 deposit in order to be on their monthly budget plan but that I would get it back after 12 months worth of on time payments.

After a year I called to ask about the return of my deposit they told me, no it was an 18 month time frame without any late payments. After 18 months of repeated phone calls to the customer service center, they repeatedly promised my check would be issued but to allow them up to 6 weeks.

After almost 2 years, the customer service person told me it would never be issued as long as I was on the monthly budget plan.

Often random amounts of money was taken out of my checking account. EAch time this happened I called the customer service center (which was never less than a 20 minute wait, by the way) and they couldn't really explain why it happened or how to prevent it from happening again. They are very confused!

I actually had one Amerigas person tell me I should physically go to my local office to talk to them because she didn't know how to help me. She also couldn't transfer my call to them. Since the Kalamazoo office is no where close to my work and only open during my work hours, taking vacation time to addressed this did not seem like a good solution to me.

Since my contract ended two months ago and I switched propane companies, Amerigas informed me that I will pay $75 for a pump out fee, they will credit me the gas in the tank at the rate I paid (do I trust them to tell me honestly?) and then return my deposit minus charges.

Amerigas's propane tank has been sitting in my yard for 2 months now and when I call, they tell me they have allowed themselves 3 months to remove it from my property and then 6 weeks after that to process the refund of my deposit. I am mortified that this is acceptable as standard business practice by any company! I have been lied to and now am being robbed. Stealing over $100 is a felony Amerigas! They are a bunch of criminals in my book.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Gas Tank.

Comments

Hello Enuf is enuf, I'm sorry that you are having issues with your account. Please send your account details to customerfirstfran@amerigas.com or so we can proptly assist you. Thank you, Fran

Ugh... I am sorry to hear about your bad experience.

I am not sure if you are located in the Upper Mid West and if you are, you have probably had the "pleasure" of dealing with the Call Center in West Lake, Ohio. You mentioned Kalamazoo, which I believe is in Michigan. Unfortunately, that is not my district. I am located in the Lima, Ohio district.

We have had MANY complaints regarding the Call Center, and to be honest with you, I am not fond of any interactions I have had with them myself. Usually I ask my customers to call me directly in their local office or to come in and speak with me, if it is convenient. I have even stayed late or come in on a Saturday in order to assist my customers. Request that the CRR in your district do the same.

You are a CUSTOMER and that is what a CUSTOMER Relations Representative (The person in your local office) is SUPPOSED to do. I do not have all of the answers for my customers immediately, but there ARE people that I can call or email in order to get the answers my customers need. I have the same delay with tank pick up in my district as well. My service Tech is working like a dog to keep up with everything.

But, unfortunately, if there is a leak or another emergency, the tech MUST stop everything that he is doing and handle the situation. In many instances, this has resulted in my having to reschedule other activities. I am truly sorry to hear about your poor service and I wish that I could have been the CRR to help you. If you are still waiting for your tank to be picked up, do not be afraid to request that you be placed on the escalated tank pick up list.

This will ensure that your tank is picked up within ten days. Also, the CRR in your district will be the one responsible for requesting your refund, contact them and demand that they contact Valley Forge and put a rush on your refund.

I HAVE heard that they have been working on the process to be able to issue refunds faster. Hope this helps!

Amerigas Reviews