Whitney Point, New York
2.0

Everything was fine for the first year of the contract. As soon as that expired, everything went to ***.

I was contracted at Local Area Index +30 cents. I use in excess of 3,000 gallons/year. The first bill after the contract expired (when prices had been ~1.85), I was bill almost $5/gallon. I called, they "fixed" it....

except it wasn't fixed. They kept delivering, I kept getting billed at nearly $5/gallon and they kept "fixing" it. "Fixing" it amounted to screwing it up worse, mostly, or billing me at nearly 30 cents per gallon higher than previously even though market prices were LOWER than they had been AT BEST. There were so many invoices and revised invoices and credited invoices that NOBODY knew what was what or why.

Finally, I got Ferrell Gas in here.

They told me the best they could do was 40 cents over Local Area Index, which (SURPRISE!) is magically almost 80 cents/gallon CHEAPER than Amerigas supposedly at 30 cents over.

So, now I'm stuck with a final bill from Amerigas for nearly $1,000, that should probably be a credit if the prices had been correct.

They're trying to send me to collections and their "Area Manager", Jack Martin, is completely ignoring me. He's the one who screwed all this up and the one who refuses to fix it or EVEN PROVIDE DOCUMENTATION of the price structure.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Gas Tank.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Corrected pricing back to end of contract and proper billing/credits to my account. .

Amerigas Pros: Delivery person.

Amerigas Cons: Amerigas, Inflated propane gas price, Price gouging, Scamming people, Customer service will lie to you.

Comments