As a current and soon to be former AmeriGas customer I am just as frustrated as everyone else that has posted complaints. Things that separate good companies from bad are how their employees treat customers. Well if you call the Fredericksburg, Va office during their posted business hours 90% of the time you get a recording telling you they're not available. You are then transferred to a national call center that won't answer either. Should you choose to "leave a message for your local office" you won't get a return phone call. The only way to get any type of issue heard with this poor excuse of a company is to drive to the local office and stand in front of them. Notice I did not say "resolved", because they never are resolved. All you get is "double speak" and basically blown off. Any of their employees could be politicians!

AmeriGas constantly plays a shell game with the price of propane. Thank goodness I never signed up for their "budget" plan and just paid upon delivery. Now they're trying to penalize me by trying to charge almost double (75%) more than what other gas companies in the area are for propane ($4.69 v $2.69) per gal. Their BS reason is that they are still selling their "winter" propane. If you ask them to "match" the other prices in town they just laugh.

Fortunately I have the ability to remove their 1000 gal tank and put it on the side of the road and tell them to come and get it. They actually tried to tell me they were going to charge me $900 to remove the buried tank. Well they never paid me to bury the tank when I started service, so I guess I can bill them the $900. They also tried to say there would be a recovery fee for unused propane but the tank is below 5% and they can legally transport it without any recovery being done.

Fight back against AmeriGas! Tell them to take their tanks and go with local companies. If there's an AmeriGas franchise in your town then there are also alternatives!!! Buy your tank, never lease. When you lease a propane tank from a company you are hostage to their prices and practices. In the case of AmeriGas those practices would be unscrupulous.

Had an Experience with Amerigas?

Comments

Fran's link...

no surprise it doesn't work. it's NOT an amerigas customer care email address. it should be customerfirst@amerigas.com.

That one comment is a little backwards.For every one customer they gain, they lose ten!

They offer no service, will not respond to fill your tank in less than a week, and after they lure you in, their price is significantly higher than most.If at all possible, buy your own tank, or always call around first, and then tell them you will switch if they don't match another companies price.

I love amerigas! I don't know what you guys are talking about amerigas is the best company in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD.

HIP HIP HORAYY FOR AMERIGAS!!!

I love this company they are so cheap and friendly :)))))))))

LOL @ both of you saying you're going to charge amerigas storages fees. Are you completely brain dead?

And Fran stfu nobody wants to hear your fake apologies.

You all don't realize that for every customer amerigas loses they gain about 10 more to replace that. Their profits rise every single year and this has been the coldest winter in centuries. Propane is a vital commodity for millions of Americans. I laugh at the worthless peons who try and fck with them.

And Fran, your link does not work!!!

I also live in Fredericksburg area, and HAD service with Amerigas for 20 years.(Formerly Va.

Propane) When I canceled my service on Monday, they said I would have to pay a "termination" fee. The contract says if you have been a customer over 3 years, you don't. They said it was 2 different charges, one was to pay the labor to remove the 300 gallon above ground tank. I told them I would not pay, and I frankly didn't care whether they got the tank or not.

They said they would charge me rental on the tank! I told them I would charge them storage on the tank!

They said I couldn't do that.So far, that is where things stand at this point.

Lyman, South Carolina, United States #272405

Hi, my name is Fran and I work for AmeriGas.I’m sorry to hear about your issues with service and we would like to help you.

Please send your account details to me at customerfirstfran@amerigas.com so we can promptly assist you.Thank you, Fran