Brockway, Pennsylvania

I was the former manager for a propane company in Falls Creek, PA that was bought by Amerigas 2 years ago. I have elderly family members and a family member who receives energy assistance. I live in between my parents and that other relative. The distance between my parents house and mine is 1,000 feet. The other house is about 3,000 feet.

My parents and I own our tanks. The other does not. Of course there's a difference in price for those that use "company steel". It varies from 10 to 50 cents a gallon depending on the season. All propane companies do that. It's standard practice.

Amerigas goes one further. It happen one time last winter that the three of us ordered propane on the very same day. Why it was brought in three separate deliveries is a mystery. Two were on the same day and one was two days after.

My price was $3.15 per gal. and my parents was $4.10 per gallon. Remember we own our tanks. The other who has a company tank and is on assistance was $5.69 per gallon. And we all got the same amount of gas within 20 gal or so!

Luckily for me and my parents now there are two competitors, both in Falls Creek. Both of them charge considerably less than Amerigas!

Mike Reitz

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Gas Tank.

Comments

Phaedra

Had similar experience with Amerigas, incredible overcharges of up to $2/gallon versus other suppliers.

Amerigas Reviews