Carsonville, Michigan

Had a 500 gal LP tank for 30 years with a customer friendly local company and then Amerigas came along and bought them out. Amerigas immediately raised the LP prices by 50% and began charging a monthly tank rental.

I Called them on the phone to ask why after 30 years with this tank, I now have to pay a tank rental. The customer service rep stated in a very rude tone that I don't purchase enough LP in a year, so they have to charge tank rental. I told them to pull the tank and remove it from my property immediately, and I would get my LP service from another local company. Then they stated that because my tank still had 50% LP in it, I would get NO reimbursement for the LP currently in the tank, AND I would have to pay a service charge for removing the tank.

In addition, they stated that it may be a couple months before they could remove the tank, so I am still responsible for rental until they remove the tank. This is extortion and should be illegal!!!!!!

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Amerigas Cons: Customer service, Customer service no prior notification.

Comments