We moved Chambersburg, PA in Sep 2005. No one from AmeriGas contacted me regarding the Gas tank in my back yard as I thought someone would. After about a year I contacted Amerigas Hagerstown, MD.

AmeriGas Hagerstown records showed there was about 99 ??? left and just a pressure test would cost $45.00. I stated we would not require Gas service.

Dec 07 we were contacted by the AmeriGas asking if we wanted the Gas tank filled. We agreed reluctantly. The tank was filled $313.60.

We used the fireplace for a couple of hours. A couple of months we received a bill for $69.24. I immediately shut off the gas tank's main value. We paid the $69.24.

On 22 July 2009 we received another bill from AmeriGas for $60.00 for "Tank Rental" (yearly begin: 07/01/09). Now being charged a tank rental fee for a full tank of gas. I paid the $60.00.

10 July 2010 received a bill from AmeriGas for $124.00. This bill came from AmeriGas Chambersburg. I was shocked to see the bill stated I had a previous balance of $94.00 and a LATE FEE of $30.00 for a total of $124.00. I was never aware of any AmeriGas account # 3736035395. On the phone they stated they do not have to notify the customer if they change accounts or location or if the annual rate increases from $60 to $94 dollars and there was a computer error where some customers were receiving Over Due notices of $30.

Amerigas is going charge me $98 for termination of service. They charge every customer the termination fee regardless of when a customer terminates service.

So in the end I will have paid about $313.00 to fill the tank AND $321.00 for a couple pounds of propane.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 08, 2010.

Comments

Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, United States #810462

I called for gas rates and had a ridiculous experience with whomever they have answering the telephone. I told them I wanted their rate for propane gas delivery.

They told me that since I am not an existing customer that I would have to have a safety inspection of the tank and a pressure test. No other company I called had these requirements! Never the less, that did not bother me. What bothered me was that they wanted me to prove ownership of the tank which is buried in my back yard.

I asked how I can prove that I own the tank which I obviously do since it is buried in my yard! They told me a bill of sale. I said ok, how about the HUD-1 settlement statement from when I purchased my house. Oh that will not do, we need a bill of sale.

Ok, there are other propane gas companies out there. Do yourself a favor and avoid the brain damage caused by calling Amerigas.

Try someone else!

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

#191203

i have been dealing with amerigas for 30 years,the tank in my yard was made in 1957.a 300 gallion tank.i have never had to pay rent on this tank so why now.amerigas has never been out and done nothing to this tank,i"am the one thats had to keep it painted.i dont like, have never signed a contrack, all these fees they want to shove down my throat.

Your note is confusing. You said that you told them you would not need gas service, then 2 years later you reluctantly (what reluctance?

Were you told that they would pick up the tank if you didn't get gas?)ordered gas. You had to sign a service agreement and have a pressure test done before they would deliver. Do you expect them to leave an expensive asset at your house and not charge a minimum and a rental fee?

If you don't use your phone you are charged a monthly bill anyway, aren't you? If you weren't going to use any gas, you should have had them pick up the tank, and you would never had incurred any fees.