1.9
Additional Fees

I receive Leap services because of a low income.Amerigas does poorly with low income people.

I had to have gas 2 weeks before Oct. when Leap service's begin assisting people. I was new to the area and didn't realize how this program works. The secretary didn't have the courtesy to inform me that the Leap would start in 2 weeks.

I was having a hard time paying the full payment so they broke it up into payments. I had Leap the year before so it should have shown on my account. I ordered the gas and they made a point to fill it up to receive the highest price. When Leap service's were provided they tell me that because I ordered the gas early the leap program would not pay for the gas.

A couple of month past and the Leap money which was deposited to their account they now used to fill up my tank even though there was an outstanding bill still. I paid half of the $400 bill but they added 5 late fees of $36.00 which I think is steep especially since they know I have a low income. Now they are sending me a certified letter to inform me that they are locking the tank or taking it. I have 3 children in my home that I informed them about and it's January and very cold still.

They show no consideration for low income. Plus now that I have no use of the propane they get to take my full tank that was paid by Leap and I still get a bill. Unfair treatment from a Chama, CO resident.

I read someone else complaint who is a senior on fixed income and paying the rental fee for 20 years and the person is wondering why the tank isn't paid yet.It's because Amerigas doesn't support people with low or fixed income.

Review about: Amerigas Gas Tank Refill.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Fees.

Had an Experience with Amerigas?

Comments

New York, New York, United States #1274927

That is the most disgusting thing I have read all day .I am so sorry that you are forced to live this way at the mercy of the unmerciful.

I hope you will take your problem to more outlets than this site as you deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. Shame on Amerigas ! I hope you get some relief from this suffering.No one should be forced to live without proper heat !

The Utilities of this country need to be for the people and not the few who become ultra wealthy at the expense of the poor and everyone else.Take this further - go to your state's elected officials and see if something can be done.