1.6K views

My husband is a former employee of Amerigas in the south. This company is the worst place he has ever worked.

In the winter they work you like a dog and in the summer they cut your hours. So all that overtime money saved in the winter has to be spent in the summer to pay your bills. They just recently got a new computer system and can't get anything right now including the payroll. When you live paycheck to paycheck that just doesn't work being shorted several hours.

They have crappy equipment. The truck he drove didn't have a radio so he asked for one for about 3 months solid but never got one. But they often seem to have enough money to fly their manangers all over creation for meetings while being wined and dined. They have employees that work late without getting paid so they can get caught up so they don't get chewed a new the next day for their work not being finished.( HELLO LABOR BOARD!!!) They have customers on a daily basis running out of gas because the manager thinks they have a "method" of routing.

Obviously when you have customers running out of gas daily your "method" is NOT working!(Have you heard of logistics?)On several occasions he tried to use his vacation and the manager refused it so at the end of the year he had to cram 3 weeks of vacation in so he wouldn't loose it. And keep in mind these days were picked by the manager(thats ***). Last time I checked a vacation was something you were suppose to enjoy not something you just had to burn up.Amerigas used to be a company that people would stand in line to work for because of their benefits etc. Now the employees fight to get out of the revolving door.

For all you customers that are getting screwed I apologize but the employees are getting the same treatment as you.

Get a clue Amerigas, you are going down the ***!!! GO SUBURBAN!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Gas Tank.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 23, 2011.

Comments

Hi. I am looking to talk to some former employees from Amerigas for an investigation that we are conducting here in Chattanooga TN. If you are interested, I could really use your husband's input- could you have him send me an email at Jennifer@masseyattorneys.com

Frazier Park, California, United States #1177778

I would have to agree with you! Here in California it is no different.

They have screwed my husband out of benefits and treated him like ***. We live in a small rural area and unfortunately they *** to my husband about the ridiculous charges and double billing and lack of customer service. He tells them the same thing. " They don't treat the employees any better.

He worked 40 - 60 hours a week for over a year but refused to make him a full time employee. They told him it was because he was an unsafe driver yet he had three safety bonuses. They also had his actual start date wrong. Due to their incompetence when he became temporarily disabled he was told that he wasn't a full time employee long enough to collect the benefits he had payed into.

They have lost so many customers in this little town because they don't care about the customers up here. We were told if he worked for Amerigas the benefits were amazing. They suck! He was an OTR driver for years so having him home every night was the only perk.

When he first started with the company he was on call for four months straight 7 days a week and still was not considered a full time employee. Amerigas has never shown appreciation for the dedication and hard work he gave them.

to Anonymous #1369132

Thank you so very much.

I used to work for them as a customer service representative and in the office it's no better, they cheat their employees and their customers AND the government by firing their temp employees right before they become full and allowing them to get unemployment and not having to pay the government more moent...they said it was more cost effective.

And yes the company finds lots of money for their upper management they walked around in name brand everything with big bucks flowing behind them yet customers were forced to have rusted out tanks some with holes in them!

Sounds like your husband is a lazy whiner. You fail to mention the bonuses all employees are eligible for, the 3 weeks off your first year of employment and no, Amerigas does not make anyone work without paying them.

He doesn't have a radio in the truck? Well he should be driving from stop to stop, getting out and delivering propane anyway, not sitting listening to the radio. The routing system is the best it's ever been, if there's a problem it's with the local branch, not Amerigas.

You slandering the entire company instead of, maybe, the local manager is wrong. It sounds like your husband is not the type of driver Amerigas wants anyway, hopefully he went to Suburban.

to Anonymous #1412722

you sound like a kiss *** with no self respect. people are right with what they say about amerigas i am living it now.

What a bunch of whiners! I'm a current driver for Amerigas.

And though it's not the ideal job it's been pretty good. I don't blame my boss for the lack of good equipment, I blame the company. When all you care about is pleasing the share holders, the employees and the customer suffers. The only way to fix it is to organize!

People complain about unions.

But it's unions that built the middle class. And it's the demonization of them that's killing it.

Oxnard, California, United States #933920

I work for AmeriGas and they been good to me been there 10 yrs. maybe it's not AmeriGas its your husband saying things

to Anonymous #1369133

Hi. I am looking to talk to some former employees from Amerigas for an investigation that we are conducting here in Chattanooga TN. If you are interested, I could really use your input- could you send me an email at Jennifer@masseyattorneys.com

Thank you so very much.

:grin your absolutely wright and the bad thing is that there nothing being done,one day there will be a Federal investigation,and note CEO doesn't get involve because his management don't even know what going on one day someone is going to get hurt because over work employees

Very well wrote. My husband has been working for them for 6 years as a driver.

Everything you said is so true. They expect you to give so much, and then they cut your hours in the summer, and it's like pulling teeth for them to give any overtime. My Husband usually doesn't take a lunch break, just so he can get all the gas hauled his manger wants. It's all about the numbers on the paper if you don't haul 20 loads a day i guess they think your goofing off or something, when most the time is spent driving from on place to the other, not to mention, they make him do the bottle route to because the poor service man, hurt his arm.

Anyway, it's about time for us Wives to speek up. We are currently searching for another job for him.

to Amerigas Employee's Wife #1369134

Thank you so very much.

Amerigas, filled our 500gal tank on Friday June 10th the ticket said they filled 100.1 gal and then that evening our house burnt to the ground and the tank read 20% when it should of read 80% and the ticket said they disrupted our service i would say so then after seeing our house on the news the next day on saturday they came to our home and said they were here to check for any gas leaks sounds odd to me they should of checked it when some one was home and they should have not filled it till someone was home well we don't have a home now due to Amerigas we have lost everything im just glad our 8 kids were not home at this time because the fire started under the deck were the gas regulator was it's not there now???? right beside the A/C unit and power disconnect so we are still shocked that our home is GONE....

My husband works for Amerigas and you are so right Amerigas sucks. He worked long hours last winter for what nothing.

Two people were let go and the rest of the guys were cut to a four day work week and they want the same amount of work done with less people way to go. Also their on call pay has been at $50.00 for a seven day call rotation for the last 8 years thats about $ 7.00 dollars a day they asked for more money but they were told no. My husband started looking for a new job and in two weeks he starts for a new company with better pay and better health insurance and $100.00 on call pay.

Some of his co workers are looking into leaving Amerigas why stay when your only a number to them. Amerigas should learn how to treat their employees better but i think not.

you are absoultley correct former employee's wife!!!!!

You sound very angry. How is your blood pressure?

What do you mean by that, shut up and get a job? I have one, ***!!!! You must be one of those Amerigas lifers!!!You are probably happy with a job that you can only accumulate pennies on the dollar in raises over a 10 year span!!!