Honesdale, Pennsylvania

Update by user Feb 18, 2013

Thought that we could have service restored in a day or so. Nope. My husband got in touch with corporate so instead of waiting weeks it will be only 10 days to restore service.Monetary loss now looking like $1700-2300.

Original review posted by user Feb 18, 2013

Amerigas came to fill the tank and found that it was almost out of gas. So they conducted a $100 gas leak test???

Really. Wait it gets better. We were out of town at the time of the test. They locked the gas line because no one was there to let them in for an inside inspection.

Okay. I can live with that. Here's the central issue. I called the emergency number (no local numbers available...hiding from customers???) Relayed to central customer service.

They can't do anything until I call to arrange an appointment with the local UNLISTED supplier. Or if I like....I can pay $259 to have someone sent out PERHAPS Saturday. It is 9 pm Friday night. The temps outside are dropping to single digits.

WE WERE GONE FOR 2 WEEKS...WE HAVE CELL PHONES AND ANOTHER HOME NUMBER. THERE WAS NO CONTACT MADE BY EITHER THE LOCAL OFFICE OR AMERIGAS. REALLY 2 WEEKS. I sure got the bill.

$514 for 98 gallons . We left the house and drove home. While this is a situation where we had an alternative, I question the legality, morality, ethical basis for discontinuing a heating service in the middle of the winter AND FAILING TO CONTACT THE CUSTOMER. I have spoken to the central customer service twice now.

They seem to be miffed that I am upset. Not one word of apology Not one promise to fix the problem. Worst customer service I have EVER dealt with. BTW I still do not have a number for my local supplier.

No name of person either. So to help the rest of you....I have written to the Vice President - Operations Support and Customer AdvocacyMS. KATHY L. PRIGMORE, 460 NORTH GULPH ROAD, KING OF PRUSSIA, PA 19406Hope this is helpful.

It took me some digging to get a name and address of a company representative. An added bonus. Their gas rates are about $1.00 per gallon above the going local rate.       It just gets better and better.

My husband drove to the local office (1.5 hrs on the road) If we want gas this week...pay $259 or wait a couple of weeks for a regular appointment. Explanation re: lack of notice . NADA Apology. NADA.

Well we have a full tank...we will use it and see they charge $100 to remove it.

Just cancelled use of house.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Gas Tank.

Comments