We have been with Amerigas for years assuming everyone charged these fees. I recently bought a quart of stain and got charged a haz mat fee.

I was told it was to cover the cost of getting rid of it at a hazardous waste disposal site. Obviously you aren't going to return propane. When checking on it I was told it is to train their employees for safety - excuse me isn't that a company expense? I was told it was for our benefit.

Fuel recovery I was told by one person it was for the fuel delivery another said for the fuel? I started to call other area companies and no one charges these fees. They charge a 4.00 delivery fee. We were charged over 16.00 on our latest delivery.

They would refund only the current delivery charge after gouging us for years. We prebuy our fuel at a fixed fee for the year. The company we will be changing to doesn't charge a delivery fee if you prebuy, no rental on tanks or any other charges, only for the propane. This company should be ashamed for gouging customers that are trusting them!!

The manager was rude and uncooperative. Then he said we pay for their customer service -REALLY???!!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Manager.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments