The first time I dealt with them, about 10 years ago, they lied about (1) the length of the contract - told me it was two years, but it was actually five years, but the print on the contract was so small I couldn't read it (2) the amount of propane in the pre-existing tank - they told me it was empty (the gauge read about 25%). They put MY propane in THEIR tank and charged me for my own propane!!!!!

It was the first time I ever had to deal with a propane company, so I was ignorant of the process. I now have to deal with them again because I bought a house with their tank in the yard and nobody else will supply gas to the place because they told me the lines were illegal (and I am not in a position to excavate my yard and put in legal lines because I don't own the lot). They charge a good 30-40% more than any of their competetors. They don't answer the phone.

They tell you they will deliver within a week of when you order, but its closer to a month.

I guess they are hoping you will run out so they can pin you with their exhorbitant "empty tank" fee. Really, I would rather have bamboo rammed under my fingernails than deal with this company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Residential Gas Supply.

Reason of review: Deceit and price gouging.

Preferred solution: Install legal lines so I can get another propane service provider.

Comments