Frederick, Maryland

I am sick and tired of Amerigas! When I bought my house their tank was already in the ground.

Never having used propane before it seemed okay to us to sign a contract with them. WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!!! Their pricing is all over the place. We are certain our tank was not completely filled two years ago because two months later we had to fill it again.

Now! Because they did not get their money in full, they will not deliver gas to us unless we pay upfront.WTF!!!! We have always paid the bill in full before ordering another tank.

When you try to reason with them that it's winter and it's cold outside and inside, they just don't care - it's pay up or shut up! Can I get a WHAT COMES AROUND - GOES AROUND!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Gas Tank.

Comments

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

#207310

"Now! Because they did not get their money in full, they will not deliver gas to us unless we pay upfront.WTF!!!!"

This tells me you were severely past due and set to cash on delivery or pay in advance to office.

Being that it is around a thousand dollars tells me it is a large tank.

You do realize when you don't pay your bill until months later that companies will stop letting you use "credit" to buy and get invoiced later right?

Delores Stephens is only mad because the manager at the local office stopped giving her the deep ***. The dried out, dusty old snatch of hers can't lure anyone else in, and now that the *** supply has been cut off the *** is flipping out and calling the FTC. Shut your mouth!

IF YOU OWN YOUR OWN TANK, YES, YOU CAN GO TO WHOMEVER YOU FEEL FREE TO GO TO TO FILL YOUR TANK. HOWEVER, OUR COMPANY IS NOT FILLING CUSTOMER OWNED TANKS ANYMORE, DUE TO LIABILITY.

ALSO, I KNOW PROPANE PRICES ARE HIGH RIGHT NOW. IN FACT, ON THE MICHIGAN.GOV WEBSITE, THEY POST AVERAGE PRICING FOR PROPANE ACROSS THE STATE.

WHILE I DO FEEL AMERIGAS'S PRICES ARE VERY HIGH ( DUE TO THEIR CUSTOMER'S SWITCHING TO MY COMPANY), I FEEL THAT THERE PROGRAMS ARE A LITTLE EXTREME. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THEY GO TO SLEEP AT NIGHT WITH THOSE UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES.

Amerigas sucks, if you actually bought you tank please check other sources to buy your propane. I was amazed to hear a co-worker complaining of how high his cost was for propane, he then asked me how much i was paying.

I smiled and replied I'm only paying $3.63 a gallon, Amerigas knocked off .10 cents a gallon for me. He looked at me and said your joking right, he proceeded to inform me that he was only paying $2.58 a gallon. I promptly called Amerigas, no one at Amerigas could explain why there was a difference of more than a dollar per gallon. I will definitely be switching to another propane supplier in future.

I would only recommend Amerigas to my worst enemy. On second thought in today's economy I wouldn't wish them on even my worse enemy.

THE SIMPLEST EXPLANATION I CAN GIVE YOU IS THIS THINK OF PROPANE COMPANIES LIKE A GAS STATION SINCE YOU OWN YOUR CAR YOU CAN BY GAS AT CHEAP STORE #1 OR YOU CAN GO TO 76 IF YOU OWN YOUR PROPANE TANK YOU CAN PURCHASE FROM WHOMEVER YOU LIKE AS LONG AS YOU COMPLY WITH THERE POLICIES IF YOU RENT A TANK THAT COSTS $1000.00 FOR $60 A YEAR THEN YOU BY PROPANE FROM WHOMEVER THE TANK BELONGS TO AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM YOU ARE FREE TO CHOSE A NEW COMPANY BUT ITS NOT ANOTHER COMPANIES REQUIREMENT TO GIVE YOU A FREE INSTALLATION BECAUSE YOU WENT TO AMERIGAS WHEN THEY GAVE YOU 1.99 FOR YOUR FIRST YEAR THEN INCREASED YOU CHOSE THEM WITH FREE WILL SO PAY THEM OR PAY SOMEONE ELSE

Most underground tanks are 500 or 1000 gallon max liquid capacity. When filled to 80% of liquid capacity, you either had 400 gallons or 800 gallons in your tank.

Based on daily use average of 5% a day for heat,hot water,stove,dryer it would seem reasonable that it would run out(or close to 30% level), close to needing a refill within 5-6 weeks for the 500 gallon tank and a few weeks longer for the 1000 gallon tank.You should have locked in or "prebuy" your gas based on the previous history useage.If you did "lockin" than your gallon price would not change. $2.00 per gallon X 400 gallons = $800,plus taxes,hazmat fees is reasonable and is normal marketing costs.

I am also a victim of Amerigas, PLEASE file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, Consumer Response Center, 9015 Junction Drive, Suite #2 Annapolis JCT, MD 20701, Phone 301-519-5434. Anyone who is a victim please do this.

Also, file a complaint with your Attorney Generals office. I have printed out and am forwarding the complaints listed on the web site to the Federal Trade Commission.

Amerigas Reviews