Rixeyville, Virginia

I switched from Amerigas in 1999, had the same experience as many others. They reimbursed me 50% of what I paid for the gas in the tank when they picked it up. 3 months after switching they bought the company I switched to! At one point they made a clerical error on my account and charged a late fee, which they refunded. I asked to go on a budget plan and they refused, the reason given was I had had a late fee, even though the late fee was due to a clerical error on their part it couldn't be changed in the system, so too bad for me.

Two winters ago they missed my refill and I ran out even though I was on autofill, they tried to charge me a delivery fee!! The reason, I was using more gas than usual. It was a colder winter!! That 400 gallons cost me $1700, this spring they wanted to fill my tank after the end of the heating season with high priced gas $3.89 (other local companies were at $2.58), I refused the spring delivery, they have played this game year after year, delivering when the price was up, never when its lower(I only use gas for heat so I don't need a spring delivery). After paying them $1700 (which I used from October to May) they are charging me a $125 tank rental fee because I haven't used enough gas for the calendar year, penalizing me for refusing the spring delivery.

Amerigas has been excessively expensive and supposedly no one delivered in my area. I recently found another company who pumped the gas from my tank to my new one and filled the new one at 1.99 a gallon. Now Amerigas isn't answering the local phone number so I can have the tank picked up.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Amerigas Cons: Unable to reach by phone, Amerigas, Delivery practices, Difficult to switch.

Comments