Additional Fees

Amerigas, a couple of months ago sent one of their drivers out to our property. We have not been an Amerigas customer for years and years - probably about 10 years to be exact.

I was home sick and didn't think much of it when I heard the truck in the yard. The driver proceeds to get out of the truck go over to our tank and label it an Amerigas tank. My spouse got home and said "WHAT ARE THEY DOING" and immediately peeled the label off of our tank. This is not an Amerigas tank the builder of our home over 20+ years put the tank in the ground we were not Amerigas customers at the time we built our home, and we were charged by builder for the tanks as part of our closing.

Amerigas then proceeds about 2 weeks ago to send us a bill for rent for our tank. I immediately called them and the customer service person I got on the phone said, you will have to prove it is your tank - NO, you will have to prove it is yours was my reply as I very angrily hung up the phone. I immediately contacted Better Business Bureau and reported this. I did receive a very ignorant e-mail from them basically telling me they would look into it.

I want this bill reversed and never want this shady company on my land again. Just who do they think they are going on a landowners land and claiming something is theirs when it is not. We stopped being a customer about 10 years ago when we were on auto delivery and they let us run out of gas on the coldest day and on New Years Eve.

Which we had plans and had to wait for their driver to deliver oil because of a new billing system they said.

We immediately changed and now have it delivered by someone else. This company is something else stay far far away.

Reason of review: Explained in great detail above..

Comments