San Jose, California

We have been with Amerigas for over 20 years and their rates are consistently well above their competitors prices. When we challenge them, they say that they are within their competitors prices (they aren't).

then they want to charge us $120 to lock in an annual price. What a joke. After 20 years we finally switched to another local company whose tank lease is not only half the price but their propane is almost $1 a gallon cheaper than Amerigas. We called Amerigas to tell them to pick up their tank, they said they had 30 days to pick up their tank.

After 30 days their tank was still sitting in our front yard. We called them again and they said they were short handed and wouldn't be able to come out for a few weeks. Finally we said their labor shortage wasn't our problem, come get your tank. They finally picked it up and they billed us for a $139 tank pickup fee.

I don't ever remember getting a disclosure for this fee so when I called I was told it's in their terms and conditions. Not in the initial paperwork we got 20 years ago. The said they send them out every year. We've never received anything.

She emails me out the updated paperwork with the fee, but prove to me you emailed it out to me every year???? I don't think so.

This company is the worst ever. It's exhausting fighting with these crooks and I'm so glad to be rid of them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Customer Care.

Comments