Fleetwood, Pennsylvania

I own a tank for the convenience of my tenant, my own personal heating is with oil. I have no account with Amerigas in the Hazelton Pennsylvania area. They took a phone call and filled the tank for my tenant and charged the amount to my name. They now insist that I am responsible for the bill. The tenant who fraudulently called to get propane for her personal use now refuses to pay saying the account is not in her name.

The company has a notice in their records that the "tenant" called and requested propane. There is nothing in the records that I authorized or set up an account for anyone to have access to the account.

They are sending this account to a collection agency to get the money from me even knowing that I did not permit or use their product.

The only evidence is that they have a copy of the original receipt that I own the tank located at the property.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 18, 2009.

Comments

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

#207307

Would be interesting to find more about this situation. There is company policy that unless it is keep full or cod they will not delivery unless the person who's name on the account is requesting it.

If it was a billable they would normally require the landlord to call and authorize if it is in his name.

Now if they had called back later and said they were you fraudulently that could have gotten delivery but there are ways to correct situation. If needed contact customer care they can usually help situation as a me diary dealing with local office management.

If I was the person in charge, the tank would be drawn off for what was put in unlawfully.I'm sure YOU are not allowing Amerigas access to the tank to either let them lock it off or let them get the proper amount of gas out.That's why you are getting the bill.It maybe your tank, but but the gas is not free,even if Amerigas made a delivery mistake.I'm not a judge,so let the courts decide.