tank propane gas service customer customer service bill office delivery price

Amerigas LIED!!

The office in Berryville told me I could continue to make $150 on my account, then turned around with no notification, took my tank and and sent me a statement for the lump sum. When I called tje local office I was informed Amerigas had been bought by Titan and there were new rules. I received no notification regarding a "rule change". I continue to make $150 payments but am being charged a $35time dollar late fee because it isn't payment in full. What a *** thing to do to a customer who was doing the right thing. Bastards!

You are confused Amerigas bought heritage which had bought titan if it was the other way around you would have recieved a lot better customer service. It was a 2,9 billion dollar deal they are tightening there belts so no more people making tiny payments on due accounts if they put it through as un collectable they can right off and get a payback on taxes.

Fran is some blogger in NE that goes to these sites and writes a generic comment. The email she gives goes to the customer service California where they just forward your complaint to management in your local area.

Also Amerigas is trying to sue pissed consumer.

Probably because they are afraid of all the complaints they have been getting. Maybe they should focus on the problem instead of trying to clean up their mistakes.

Hello, my name is Fran and I work for AmeriGas. I’m sorry to hear about your situation.

If you send your account details to me at customerfirstfran at amerigas dot com, we will work on assisting you with this issue. Thank you, Fran

View more comments (2)
Amerigas Account
Tags
  • local office

Reimbursement | Amerigas review from Livingston, New Jersey

I moved and had my tank at 70% my account had credit 456 dollars still they free willingly took off 150. Dollars for a renters fee of the tank that I guess they charge yearly I wasn't told about this ever that I recall so ok that left me at 3 something hundred dollars she said they would come out pinch the line and I would get reimburse for whatever was in there's at the rate in which I paid for it do I get 199.00 check I'd assume that was just what was left in the tank what about my 357 dollars left on my account as well voice recording says they are open on Saturdays and I have been calling and guess what it's getting the closed greeting this is bull *** I want my money that I paid them and is still on my accnt b 4 they keep charging me for all these little fees I never knew about nor agreed into paying my husband works hard for our money
Review
#312082 Review #312082 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Better options than Amerigas

Pick a different LP Gas company. I was with Amerigas for over 8 years and was very happy until they kept automatically billing me for a price lock in rate at a cost of 112$. That started me checking into alternate pricing, and I found out I was paying about .21 cents a gallon more than the other companies in my area for that same time period. That was the other companies REGULAR price on a call when you need gas basis, NOT a new customer price or approved credit keep full price. As I used about 1200 gallons during that period the extra expense was quite high, and that did not include the 112$ price guaranteed price contract. I notified them in July I would not be continuing as a customer and would call them when my tank was down to 5%. They not only did not record that I was no longer accepting gas, in October they tried to fill my tank and I caught the driver in the yard and refused the load and asked them to make sure they knew I cancelled. When we were away in November they filled the tank anyway. Which made it very difficult to get it down to 5%. When I asked them to pick up their tank they said there would be a 100$ charge to pick up their tank. They said the company issued new rules September 21st 2011 adding this charge. Note that a) this was 3 months after I notified them I was discontinuing service, b) not mailed to me, and c) nothing I agreed to. It amounted to extortion. I could either have paid them a 75$ pump out charge and had them take the tank immediately (if I had even known about their new policy) or I could pay 100$ to have them pick up the tank. The new company I went to charges a tank removal charge if you change companies in less than a year which I feel is very reasonable. After 8 years of service it was not, neither was the underhanded way they add charges without informing customers. I found that customer service had long periods of being on hold (an indicator of a large number of problem calls), and when you did get a customer service rep the only tried to keep you as a customer (customer retention specialist) not resolve your issue. When I asked to speak to a supervisor he simply read the paragraph from the new company policy adopted September 28, 2011 three months after I told them i was discontinuing service. They has no interest in understanding my concerns. There are many locally owned and operated companies that are much better to do business with. Pick one of those and keep your money close to home.
Loss
Amerigas sucks, but in this part of Tucson they are the only option. I "lease" my tank from them and according to my contract, they own the line from the tank right up to my house. Well, the tank sprang a leak right at the output valve (on the tank, which "they own"...

They billed me $439 for 1 hour of labor and $105 cancellation fee after 2 years with them. They suck.

Amerigas sucks.

Ameri Gas | Amerigas review from Livingston, New Jersey

This is a horrible business!! I called the business location several times for a delivery, but the phone was never answered. I had to visit the office location in order to request a delivery. While at the business, a steady stream of disgruntled customers waited in line to speak with an Ameri Gas representative. Their complaints ranged from failure to make deliveries to demanding tank removal from their property . I checked current propane prices with several local distributors prior to my visit. Ameri Gas quoted a price that was .60 to .90 cents higher than all other distributors contacted. In addition, I discovered that I did not own my propane tank and therefore could not have it filled by another distributor. I inquired about purchasing the tank from Ameri Gas, but was told they "stopped that practice several months ago, due to customer retention". It will cost approximately $1,900 dollars for a new tank, but I believe it will be money well spent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amerigas is also that much higher in crystal springs ms not to mention they do not work full work weeks the office lady comes into work whenever she wants leaves when she wants and works 2 or 3 days a week tops. we own our tank and as soon as i realized large difference i went elsewhere.

Okay I will give all of you a quick lesson in Capitalism. The reason why America is such a great country is that we are capitalists.

If you do not like your price you go to a competitor who is charging a lower price. That forces Amerigas to lower their prices.

So stop looking for handouts and stop blaming others for your problems. If you do not like the service or the price change companies.

I expect that most of you won't because your are a bunch of self loathing *** who thinks the world ows you something. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but all of you idiots need to get a life.

I also am a customer of Ameri Gas But not much longer I will Have tank removed, Soon I will do without heat instead of being Ripped off by this company anymore.

We are so sorry about your situation that we copy/pasted this form letter onto your complaint. Non personalized and generic spam messages really show our customers how much we care about them. Nothing says customer service like an automated response!

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

The local Amerigas doesn,t set the price. The price comes from their home office.Their home office want let the local employees change the pricing.

If a local employee changes the price ,they are at risk of loosing their jobs.

The local employees will be damed if they do. by home office, and will be damed if they dont.by you.

View more comments (5)

bad billing | Amerigas review from Livingston, New Jersey

A customer service operator put me on auto pay about 6 months and now they send me a bill The bill is charging me yes I have been on auto pay all alongI tried to contact a customer service representative and could not about my auto pay I have proof of an auto pay confirmation yet they continue billing me the website will not work. the website will not recognize my account number. this is very scary because a live person will not answer the phone. I have been up early in order to be the first to call at 830 in the morning. I do not need this extra stress and have in my life I wish there were another company in my area. I only wish someone would answer the phone.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

call 18667671100 630am-12pm 7 days a week 365. The agents are live people and they really do want to help there customers.

They can refer you to the autopay department, and connect you with a live person specializing in autopay accounts.Even though your local may not be working out for you..

amerigas is nationwide and the call center will be able to help u! Give it a shot!

IF YOU GIVE A CITY AND STATE I CAN GIVE YOU A LIST OF OTHER PROPANE COMPANY

View more comments (2)
Review
#206347 Review #206347 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lies, Lies, and more Lies | Amerigas review from Livingston, New Jersey

I contacted Amerigas a week ago to schedule an appointment for this week. I was told that the the service guy would call me when or before he arrived. I confirmed this with the office three or more time throughout the course of the day. Finally at 5pm my neighbour tells me he came by and left because I wasnt there. No call. No service. Nothing. I called to complain and was put on hold for 10min. The manager Sam then promised me free gas and that the guy would be back first thing the next day. Here I am 1hr and 30mins after 9am the scheduled time that Melissa quoted me and I still have no gas. So just to recap. I can't take a hot shower, cook,or go to work because of this companies horrible customer service.

Review
#193590 Review #193590 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Amerigas Manager

Amerigas trying to get us to install their tank

I am leasing my home and have a 500 gallon propane tank that is owned by my Landlord. I had been using Ferrell Gas and decided to call around to see what other companies where offering. I called Amerigas they offered gas at $1.99 a gallon plus $25.00 off and promised delivery by Monday and free gas leak check. The delivery guy shows up on Monday he checks for leaks and finds a leak which I am thankful he did.He then calls his supervisor to check and see if he can still fill the tank. The Supervisor says no it would be a liability. He leaves and My Landlord shows up after we call him and tell him everything.He calls Amerigas to bring a part with them so he can fix it then we could get it filled. When the next delivery shows up he says to the Landlord that even if he fixes the leak he can not fill the tank. My Landlord is going to purchase his own new tank and install it.Well this morning I get a call from Amerigas saying so you are interested in buying one of our tanks? I said no my Landlord is buying one of his own. He then gave me attitude saying well he will have to replace all the system including the pipes leading to the house. It is obvious that they want their tank installed so we are stuck with leasing and stuck with their prices. I don't think so and after reading everyones complaints I am so glad we will be able to call around and find the best deal. Please own your own tank you will be thankful you did. Amerigas another customer lost.

hey snooki pull up your panties it stinks

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

i know for a FACT (as I am an amerigas customer) that they do NOT sell their tanks. from what i can tell, the set up you have was unsafe, they offered to put in a safe one for you landlord... for shame amerigas for wanting a safe fuel delivery system.

I have never dealt with propane until I moved here a year ago. I will never deal with them again I promise and the smartbutt crystal *** comments. You dont know me so shut your fat lips.

You smoke crack and make love to your mother.

Pretty soon electricity will be run by solar and none of these money hunry companies will be around.

If you did not work for Amerigas you would not even be worried about what I'm writting, you are the lier.

EVERYONE SHOULD GET RID OF PROPANE ALL TOGETHER. THEY All rip you off.

Plus it is more dangerous than electric or solar powered.

i am moving soon to a central heat and air installed home. Goddbye cheaters!

All that was wrong was the regulator? Oh, that's no big deal. It's not unsafe for the device that regulates the gas pressure in your lines to be working properly or anything.

People like you are probably why Amerigas won't fix customer owned tanks. Do you realize the liability involved with that sort of thing?

Also, every single propane company out there is going to give you a cheap first fill rate to get you to sign up. They offer you a deal, and you freak out and say they're trying to scam you.

I don't work for Amerigas, but I'm glad I don't. If I had to deal with people like you all day I'd go crazy. People want gas for free and want it delivered instantly, and then make up tons of BS and cry like children when they don't get their way.

AMERIGAS SUXS SPREAD THE WORD TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!

View more comments (20)
Amerigas Gas Tank
Being new to the use of propane and forgetting to check the level, I unfortunately let my tank get down to zero percent in the middle of winter with three small children in my home. When I spoke with an employee of the company, he advised that there was a $200...

Contact Amerigas Customer Service

1.3
Compare Amerigas vs Suburban Propane

Latest Question

Amerigas Questions
I know someone that delivers for Amerigas and the manager in his shop is a complete, incompetent *** who couldn't manage her way out of a wet paper bag. She has purposely sabotaged his route when he's gone and when the customers complain she blames him and...

I used to work for this idiotic company. They only care about the bottom line and will rip off the customer any chance they get.

And employees are treated like ***. The Western Region is micro managed into the ground.