Loose Creek, Missouri

My wife and I recently purchased a mountain home with a Propane tank on the property. After some calling around, we learned that the tank belonged to Amerigas. We were unable to read the fuel gauge on the tank as it was full of water so we called to have the tank filled to be safe.

They told us as new customers, we would require an inspection. Upon inspection, we were told our supply line to the house was leaking and the tank required replacement. The tank was shutoff and a temp 25 gallon tank installed on a Friday afternoon. Sunday I smelled propane and called them. A filler came out and determined the hose was leaking and locked out the gas.

I dug a trench for the new line and they returned on Wednesday to install the new line and replace the tank. The technician told me I would receive a credit for the 20% remaining in the removed 288 gallon tank.

When I received the bill for the line installation and the complete fill on the new tank, there was no credit. I called them and they told me that since I did not purchase the fuel left over in the tank, I was not due a credit. Spoke with a supervisor and she told me that they sent the credit to previous account holder. (Two homeowners ago)

Had I known, I would have let that thing run to zero before calling for a fill.

I may be out of line, but I paid $500,000 for a home with a propane tank on the property and apparently the fuel in the tank did not belong to me.

I am not fuming, but this does not seem quite right...

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Gas Tank.

• Amerigas Customer Service Propane