We have been with Amerigas Comtapany for several years. I am 86 years old and on automatic refill services with this company.

I was review my bills and talking with others about their gas prices. Upon going back to 2016 until Now, They have been charging me $5.25 and more for a gallon of gas. My bill runs for every 6 weeks around a $990.00 up to over a $1,000. for them to come out and fill up.

When I called the office they told me that they charge more for auto fill up. I ask why??? If you know that you are to come to my house every 6 weeks and you know that you going to fill up my tank, then you would think that they would give you the market price. $2.89 a gallon, but instead you double the prices.

When speaking with the manager she said that she would give me a credit for one month. Now it is my fault that I did not call them out on this 2 years ago, but this is very uncalled for to overcharge because you are on auto fill that would allow the drivers to know what they are doing every 6 weeks, that's call job security.

But with this happening and I have checked with other propane companies in my area and found that it is cheaper for auto delivery and the prices are available for a year, I know that I will be cancelling my service with Amerigas, once I use up the pocket change credit that they gave me. I will not be taken advantage of and hope that others will look at their bill and see if they are being taken for a ride

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Gas Tank Refill.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 14.

Comments

Report them to the BBB

Why does Amerigas feel like they can charge people 4.00 to 5.00 dollars a gallon for gas when every where else

the price of gas is $2.49 to $2.89 a gallon is thier gas made out of gold gas???????