Baltimore, Maryland

We have been using Amerigas and were happy until we ran out of gas on a Saturday. Our gauge said we had 15% in our tank, but evidently we were out. We paid the $125 service charge for Saturday delivery, that was not the problem. The problem was that since we were paying the delivery charge anyway, we decided to let them fill the tank as we had gotten the best price from them in the past, not knowing that they were going to charge us well over $1 per gallon more than their competitors.

In our emergency situation, Amerigas took the opportunity to take full advantage of us, costing us $470 more than we expected. When we tried to talk to the office about the problem, they wouldn't change the price and were rude.

Amerigas lost the potential for tens of thousands of dollars of our future business by gouging us for the $470. How's that for smart business?

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Tank Refill.

Comments

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

Shocking news: The price of propane goes up when it's cold outside.

jeanne4

I had similar experiences with them over the last few years but could never quite figure out how they were doing it. When I pointed out that the bill balance wasnt matching up to my payments I was given an incomprehesible explanation and was made to feel *** for not "getting it". They are very dihonest

gas logs secondary heat, its a luxury, you dont have to have them, use wood, pellets,

I use propane just for our fire place and we filled up in Oct at $2.40 gal and then we just filled up again Jan 5th and I received our bill today through email and says we owed $269.00. I called the company and she tells me the price is $4.35 a gal now compared to $2.40 in Oct.

It almost doubled in price for 3 months. This is plain out BS.

Amerigas Reviews