Additional Fees

Update by user Dec 20, 2018

We are a two person family not two family house....my mistake Also I contacted ER Energy their prices right now are $3.09, and All Service is $3.09 right now...who's cheating who?

Original review posted by user Dec 20, 2018

Amerigas came and filled my tank. I get the bill 3 days later and they charged me $4.99 per gallon my bill totaled $650.00 6 days before Christmas.

I called and spoke to their regular lady rep and she just said yes it's $4.99, why would we give you July prices now? She also lied to me and said it's the regular rate for this season and that it's the going rate around town. Well, we drove around town and looked at gas station propane prices. Chevron who sells AmeriGas is selling theirs for $2.97, the little in and out market in town sell Blue Star for $3.39.

I checked other Chevrons in our larger nearest town, all of the AmeriGas sellers were under $3.

I went home and called the local propane dealers. Blue Star told me for their regular customers they were $3.50 right now but that was a high mark for winter, Shasta Gas told me regular customers pay $2.99 right now because they just raised their prices to winter level. They also offer a 10 cent per gallon discount to seniors and 20 cents off per gallon to vets.

I know that AmeriGas is price gouging us and loading us up. We are a two family house and have asked them numerous times to come deliver every 3-4 months.

not monthly like they were doing and not yearly like they just did. I have this full tank and now have to wait until 65% full to have my new company come trade it out. I will let everyone know what AmeriGas has done and I will continue to file a written complaint with BBB and Consumer Affairs. I noticed there are numerous complaints against AmeriGas and none have been resolved to date.

I also went online and found an advertisement on their own web site that shows a picture stating $4.99 per gal in Weaverville and $2.99 in Cottonwood....both within driving distance of me. When I called AmeriGas she only said oh I don't know what that is since we don't have a company in Cottonwood.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Gas Tank Refill.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Overpricing and lying.

Comments