I ordered up Amerigas when they met the competition's pricing and offered me 100.00 off my second delivery. Seems like a pretty good deal.

I call up today to order my second delivery and get tell them I have the 100.00 coupon (as required) and I get quoted 2.39 a gallon. I told lady that seemed high as I was standing in teh MFA store the other day when they quoted 1.89 a gallon. She babbled a little more about seasonal pricing... blahh.. blah... blah.

I called up two competitors and their sister store in another town after hanging up. MFA was quoting 1.89/gal, the local supplier was quoting 1.99/gallon... and the Amerigas in another town quoted me 2.09/gallon. Immediately after she quoted me 2.39/gal... that is a 30% premium. That is wrong.

So all Amerigas did was add the coupon value to the price to make it a wash for them...

That irritated me... so I cancelled the order. When this tank runs dry, they can come get it... I'll be going with MFA in the future.

How do you run a company of this size with that kind of screwjob going on? The good news for them is most of us aren't paying that much attention most of the time. If we were paying attention... they'd be out of business.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 07, 2011.

Comments

The difference between $2.099 and $2.399 is more like 15%, not 30%. Genius.

Hi, my name is Fran and I work for AmeriGas. I’m sorry to hear about your issues with billing and would like to help you.

Please send your account details to me at customerfirstfran@amerigas.com so we can promptly assist you. Thank you, Fran