Bishop, California

I had 55% of my tank when I noticed a gas smell. I called Amerigas and a technician came out and verified there was a leak at the valving. He pointed out that the valving of the tank had not been serviced since the tank was installed in 1988 and was the cause of the smell. He tightened some fittings and left. Approximately 3 weeks later I smelled gas again and called for service. The technician again came out and agreed that he smelled the leak. My tank was now at 30% in less then a month when I typically use 5% per month.

The technician left a note on the tank not to fill it and when it got to 5% they would empty the tank and re-valve it. In the meantime, 5 different trucks showed up to fill the tank. Apparently there is no communication between the techs and dispatch or management?

On December 31, 2015 I swapped to another service. Tank rental was half the cost as Amerigas. I called Amerigas that morning to inform them I was changing service. We got disconnected and I tried for 30 minutes and no one would answer the phone. I called the Amerigas corporate office and explained the situation to them.

I rented the tank for the month of November and December but was only credited for 9 months of tank usage even though I only used it for two months of the next contract.

I called the local Bishop office and explained what happened. I got a very rude customer service representative who tried to tell me the tank only had 4% left when the new company tech and I both read the gauge at 8%. She refused to credit my account for the extra month and then made a smart-*** remark about really wanting the $8 credit. Yes I do, it was my money.

She also tried a futile attempt at explaining the magnetic gauge was the reason for the error in reading. I guess that happens when you don't service a tank for 28 years.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Gas Tank.

Comments