The following dealings are with Amerigas in Temecula California. Amerigas had an existing tank at a house I bought on Feb 1, 2010. I activated service with them. My first and second bills from this company were shocking. The house was unoccupied much of the time and weather mild. The meter looked very old so I called to ask to have it checked, and to inform them I smelled a gas leak and my concern about the rusty condition of their tank which looked unsafe and was an eyesore.

The woman I spoke to said the meter was correct, something she couldn't have known. She said I used the gas which was not their fault. She did not respond to the complaints about the leak and the tank. For safety, I turned the gas off at the tank. after a couple days their tanker arrived to top off my tank. I informed their driver of the problem and showed him the leak. He said he would arrange to have the leak checked and the meter changed out. He left no gas. After nearly a month more during which I could not get Amerigas Temecula on the phone, I finally called an Amerigas office in another city to find out what was going on in Temecula. This did not help and after several more days with the shut off tank, I arranged for propane with another company.

Only then I got through to Temecula Amerigas and told them I gave up on them and to come get their tank. The person I spoke to then was very nice and offered a special price to stay with Amerigas. I said that should have been offered in the beginning and now I did not trust in them. They had been rude, unresponsive, and left me stuck with no service and I wanted their tank gone.

My new provider, Fallbrook Propane, removed the Amerigas tank and left it in my driveway.

From what I read and hear, my experience is not unusual. Just my misfortune to blunder into their clutches simply because their tank was here. I didn't know their reputation or my options. I'll be relieved to get their rusty tank gone and hope I get my substantial deposit back without going to court to get it.

Let the buyer of propane beware. Propane is not regulated like public utilities such as gas and electric.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Gas Tank.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 01, 2010.

Comments

You're an *** for responding , and posting your email.

Palmdale, California, United States #1138441

You're losing

Even this site does not properly satisfy customer complaints.

Hi, my name is Fran and I just love to push my auto response button. I didn't read your complaint and don't intend to do anything about it but if you spend lots of time and send me all the details I will be sure to ignore it.

NC Amerigas highest prices gas in the area, almost double. All other companies under $3 per gallon, Amerigas was over $4.

Would tell anyone using Amerigas to leave them NOW... Worst service I have ever seen, leave you on hold forever, paid upfront for gas did not deliver for 2 weeks not until out of gas pipes frozen did they deliver..

Absolutely the worst service possible. I would highly recommend them if these factors are important to you:

1. You enjoy talking to people who will treat you like you're completely unimportant and just another annoyance in their busy day.

2. You are not in any hurry to get delivery under emergency conditions (like your heat pump dies and the ONLY heat you can get is from your gas logs during a cold spell).

It's been almost 2 weeks, and 3 phone calls of BEGGING them to come since we first contacted them, and they've already bypassed their 7-10 day delivery schedule. Because of their bad service we've been forced to take out a high interest loan just to make sure we can have a luxury like heat this winter, when it would have been much easier for us to get through this had they just had a lick of empathy for their customers that are under an emergency situation, and placed our delivery in the priority bin instead of shuffling it to the rear.

#231915

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

to AmeriGas Customer Service Palmdale, California, United States #1138438

Your a joke.. your position is the reason margin is out of site...

if you just got back to basics: delivering at a reasonable price with great service. Hire more retention specialist , margins will increase.

Or just get off your lazy *** and call your meter reading in every month, which would avoid your reading getting estimated LIKE EVERY OTHER *** GAS COMPANY ON THE PLANET DOES

EVRYONE WHO HAS USED OR IS USING AMERIGAS: THEY HAD A DRIVER ARRESTED FOR STEALING, MAKE SURE HE DID NOT STEAL FROM YOU. ALSO, ANY METER ACCOUNTS: JUMP ON THE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT FOR ESTIMATING YOUR METER BILL. LEADERSHIP HAS CAUSED CONFUSION, FUSTRATION, AND THE EMPLOYEES JUST COUNTING THE DAYS WHEN THE *** HITS THE FAN.

I hereby declare you get your mom off my jock within 30 days, or I'll have to declare her abandoned.

***king rednecks.

Get another provider. By certified letter notify old dealer to stop service and remove tank within 30 days or will be considered abandoned.

Good luck.

I have the same problem with one in Pompano Florida. After 6 month still not resolved.

Customer service understands but just calls local dealer and nothing gets done. I have asked them to remove tank so I can deal with someone else but this will never happen either.