Kalamazoo, Michigan
2.2K views 30 comments

We received our Amerigas bill and we were charged almost $2000.00 for 317 gallons of propane.We obviously thought it was a mistake, so we called and were told it was not a mistake, the going price for propane was $5.88 per gallon.

They even told us that it was normal for the price to fluctuate, especially in the winter. When I paid our bill 2 months previous, it was $2.39 a gallon. That is not fluctuation, it is gouging. We told them to take our tank away and that we were not going to pay our bill.

They then told us it would cost us $100 for them to do this. After speaking to three or four more managers, they finally told us they would lock us in at $2.39.

We are more than pissed that they tried to do this to us and will not drop it.We are telling as many people as we can about it.

Review about: Amerigas Manager.

Had an Experience with Amerigas?

Comments

The prices they charge are terrible.I would like to know how they can charge fuel recovery fees etc.

Not looking forward to another winter with them.Doesnt matter who you go with, they are all putting to us.

Eb
Zionsville, Indiana, United States #921346

Fortunately I never got to first base with Amerigas, they left me high and dry when attempting to obtain service after moving into a house that requires propane for heating.I do however have a tank that belongs to them that was set to the side and currently 30% full.

They kept promising to get the tank for the past year but have yet to do so. I am currently researching legal options to acquire the tank and reclaim the propane if they fail to take it.

From what I noticed, it's like going to a gas station where it says "Major Brand X" but it's really owned by someone who pays for the franchised name.You want to use a propane company that does a better job of controlling pricing in given areas so you know what your going to pay.

Just had them pull our tank they charged us $149, called them, they disfigured and yep I'm right they still owe us another $45 dollars, *** pucks, we would still be your customer till you ripped me off last year, Lol I hope you lose your ***, greedy pucks

Fed Up With Amerigas

Called Feb 2014 to have my tank filled.No one showed.

Called several times over the next few months. Each time i was told they would be there with in 1-2 wks. As of June 30 2014 no one has come to fill the tank. Called today to cancel service.

Bought our own tank and can choose who and at what price we pay. ( Looking at comments below, I guess I now feel fortunate they didn't fill the tank at $5+ per gal.

PS.They are charging us a $.35 per gallon restocking fee on the unused propane in the tank, plus a $40 fee to pick up THEIR tank that we've been paying a RENTAL fee to use.

Skeeter
Noblesville, Indiana, United States #787022

2/20/2014

I am writing because our Propane bill tripled...this month.

It went from $474.31 to $1211.28.

They delivered 197 gallons on the 3rd of February 2014

And we were charged $5.639 per gallon.When I called the company the Manager, stated he could give us a price of $4.50.

When I was not satisfied with this price, he stated the gas price for that particular day was $4.50 a gallon, that was the best he could do. So I asked "Than why were we charged $5.639 a gallon." And why was the client in the news cast below, given a price of $5.99 and then reduced to $3.00 a gallon? I also read where it was not legal to charge sales tax on the LP gas. Is this true???

We have a charge of $79.24 on this current bill for taxes. Also we are charged a HazMat Fee of $9.59, is this correct???? And a Fuel Recovery Fee of $7.62, is this correct???? I looked up current LP gas prices and saw a current News story so I clicked on it.

I watched the news interviews from California, Channel 7, Ameri-Gas Customers stated they had been charged $5.99 a gallon.

Ameri-gas stated to give them a call, and they would get their bill changed to $3.00 a gallon.Everything is almost double in California so why are they getting a better price than Indiana Customers????

Crandon, Wisconsin, United States #785992

same thing happened to us .. charged us 5.65 qa gallon in rhinelandera nd after *** and *** aobu how they wher almost a dollar more than everyone all around they finally got caught and had to frefund us over 700 dollars .. freakin crooks

unlucky customer
Greeley, Colorado, United States #711157

They are doing the same thing in Colorado.They are charging almost 1.00 more per gallon than the other companies.

Then when you want to have them remove the tank they almost threaten you with more charges. They also threatened to sue me or any other gas company that filled the tank.

The explanation for the higher prices is that they give better service.Really.

Albany, New York, United States #700409

They did the same thing to me!!!I told them to get their tank and they charged me 100 dollars to come and pick up their tank!!!

Im on an extremely tight budget and tried to get them to waive the fee but with no luck.

Im so glad to be rid of them!!!

Mr. Gas
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States #666539

After two years of displeasure and overpaying for Propane with Amerigas, I contacted local news Watchdogs they were able to help me purchase my Amerigas owned tank out-right.I was paying $3.29 per gallon where other local companies were charging $1.35-$1.75 per gallon.

Needless to say I broke even on my tank purchase in 9 months. Amerigas was nasty each time I talked to them.

Even teh first bill I paid they chatged me tax on propane which they are not supposed to for residential consumers.Never recived refund back after numerous complaints.

barb

WOW all these comments sound so familar, if you add the lock in price to present price your not saving.I was charged lock in price 112.00 locked in at 2.99 then I canceled.

they credit my account and when it was time to order in march gas priced 3.59. now if ordered 200 gals 718.00. if i would locked in it would have been 598.00 then add the 112.00 lock in fee. 710.00 saving me 8.00 and I only order twice year.

I ask them when there peak season was over. and they told me that if its cold for a day or so they raise the price and slowly lower it. I am tired of there grab. thirty propane is 1.79 gal.

I ask them how could Amerigas charge over double for thiers they said because they can.and get by with it.