2.3K views

We received our Amerigas bill and we were charged almost $2000.00 for 317 gallons of propane. We obviously thought it was a mistake, so we called and were told it was not a mistake, the going price for propane was $5.88 per gallon.

They even told us that it was normal for the price to fluctuate, especially in the winter. When I paid our bill 2 months previous, it was $2.39 a gallon. That is not fluctuation, it is gouging. We told them to take our tank away and that we were not going to pay our bill.

They then told us it would cost us $100 for them to do this. After speaking to three or four more managers, they finally told us they would lock us in at $2.39.

We are more than pissed that they tried to do this to us and will not drop it. We are telling as many people as we can about it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Manager.

Comments

I am in a current fight overownership with Amerigas for an inground tank. They last charged me $2.95.

Another group,Modern Gas offered $1.95/gal (www.moderngas.com).

If you want to switch suppliers, contact Amerigas (or whomever) and give them 10 days to remove their tank (as required by PA law). A new supplier's replacement tank can be set up almost overnight.

know that EblondlalsATard works for Amerigas but will not admit it. This allows the company to hide and belittle anyone who complains. Like the cowards they are.

ebiondlalsATard works for Amerigas

If you're in northeast PA, call Montour oil. After Amerigas charged me 4.90 a gal, I told them to remove their tanks.

Montour came and moved Amerigas's full tanks to the roadside, Installed 2 tanks I purchased elsewhere for free, filled both tanks for 1.99 a gallon, and their regular price was 2.27 per gallon at the time. I refused to pay Amerigas, but had to call the Department of Labor and Industry to have Amerigas remove their tanks, since they refused to pick them up until spring. They have 10 days from date you terminated service to remove them.

My brother has been with Montour for years and thought I was nuts when I told him how much I was paying with Amerigas. I have since been credited back for the propane I refused but was charged 90+ dollars for termination fee.

Please get off your high horse EblondialsATard.

We all know propane and other fuels go up in the winter but when Amerigas charges me $4.59 and two of my neighbors with two different companies goes up a maximum .25. We all had propane delivered within same three days. My neighbors are not on auto fill or locked in. This is obvious gouging by Amerigas hoping that no one pays attention.

I called and they said I could lock in until June 30 for $2.91 and my bill would be adjusted retroactively. I did it but July 1 I will be having them back to remove the tank.

It irritates me because the guy that delivers it and the staff is outstanding but corporate is taking me away as a customer.

Amerigas is just upset when people do not lock is so they are screwing their customers. They know they have been caught red handed.

I AM GOING TO CALL THE LOCAL NEWS STATIONS AND CONSUMERS PROTECTION OFFICE BECAUSE THIS IS A CRIME AGAINST CUSTOMERS AND STRUGGLING FAMILES. HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO FEED OUR FAMILIES WHEN THE PROPANE GAS COMPANIES ARE ROBBING US BLIND AND THEN THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT IS ROBBING US BLIND ON THE TAXES ON OUR HOMES. WHEN EVERYONE LOSES THEIR HOMES DUE TO THE ROBBERY OF THE GAS COMPANIES AND THE TAXES, WHAT IS IN STORE FOR PEOPLE LIVING IN PA EMPTY HOMES AND MULTIPLE HOMELESS SHELTERS BECAUSE THAT IS WHERE WE ARE ALL HEADING WITH THE TAX AND GAS PRICE GOUGING!!!

I CERECNTLY SIGNED UP WITH AMERIGAS BACK IN NOVEMBER AND MY PAPER WORK SAID IT WOULD BE 1.899 PER GALLON FOR THE FIRST DELIVERY AND $2.39 FOR THE REST OF THE WINTER HOWEVER, THEY MADE THE SECOND DELIVERY ON JANUARY 13, 2010 AND ARE CHARGING ME $630.95 FOR 201.9 GALLONS OF PROPANE. THIS IS PRICE GOUGING,AND ROBBERY.

THEY ARE ROBBING THE CUSTOMERS BLIND WITH THESE KIND OF BILLING TATICS CUSTOMERS ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY ALL THE PROPANE GAS COMPANIES IN PENNSYLVANIA.

HD DAVIS IS DOING THE SAME THING TO THE CUSTOMERS BECAUSE I AM A FORMER CUSTOMER OF THEM TOO. AS A CUSTOMER I FEEL AS THOUGH I AM BEING RAPED AT GUN POINT BY AMERIGAS

The market rate CAN sometimes go above your lock-in rate, but it's incredibly rare to have that happen. Historically, you save a ton of money by going with the lock-in every year.

If you want to play the field a bit, that's fine, but when you go that route sometimes you get stuck with a very high market rate, just like now.

The point is, you need to do your research and take responsibility for your energy costs. It isn't your propane company's job to do that for you.

I was told that the lock in during August was higher than the going rate plus $.50.

I locked in last year with another company and there lock in was higher than the going rate.

So you're telling as many people as you can that propane gets really expensive in the winter? Shocking news!

Or maybe you're going to tell them that you weren't smart enough to call in during the summer when propane is cheap to lock in your rate.

A little forethought goes a long way.