We get filled once a month and have been with Amerigas for 3 years. We paid $3.45 a gal last month.

They came to fill us today and handed me a bill for $4.53 a gallon after being told that our fill up was $3.45 a gal. I called and asked again what the price of propane was at this point and time, she stated $3.45 a gallon. I said then why am I being gouged? Keep in mind we price match each month and a local competitor is charging $3.60 a gallon.

Of course there were no managers in the office.

How do they get away with changing prices as they see fit? Were we not supposed to notice?????!!!!???Our neighbor who has been in his house for 6 months was just filled today, he was just here with his bill, he is being charged $3.50 a gallon...What a crock!

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Manager.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 26, 2010.

Comments

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

We ended the lock in rate last summer, as we had a large credit balance. Jan.

fill was billed at $5.10 per gal.

I called inquire what the market rate was. I was informed market rate was $5.10, but would have been $2.29 if I locked in Feb.

They called and offered us a "discount" rate of $3.90 a gallon IF we signed up they would lock us in at this price. Ridiculous!

When a road side vendor that you take your small tanks to to get filled is charging $3.70 a gallon you know Amerigas can do better when your buying in bulk! We use 200 gallons a month!

So the jist of it is, they hike up the price, make us scared that something is happening to the prices to get us locked into some "lower" price and have to pay them $60 a year to be locked in! What a crock....

I can do one better than that. $5.28 a gallon!!!

I told them to come pump it back out!

I called another company and checked the market value online...$2.35. Their tank will not be on my property much longer :0)

:cry We just filled up in Northern New Jersey. Gouged for $4.29 gallon! I am calling Amerigas tomorrow and acuse them of gouging and will contact the NJ Attorney's Office.