Newark, Delaware

Had my propane tank installed 2001 by kean propane,they sold out

to amerigas in 2011, since they own tank can only buy from them.

Propane was delivered on dec 19,2013 couldn't believe price when

read bill $4.48 per gallon,checked with friends that uses propane,

$2.89--$2.99--$3.29 per gallon,tanks owned by propane companys

called local office,lady I talked too didn't seem to care about my

complant,called amerigas main headquarters they have no control

on prices at local level. In my state PLC has nothing to do with propane suppliers.amerigas is price gouging!!!! I received my bill

now price is $4.529 per gallon.

Had an Experience with Amerigas?

Comments

Whoops I meant $1.30 a gallon for thrifty propane but you have to buy your own tank that's the catch

Same problem here and then I had to pay an extra $100 a year to keep it down I think it was like $3.29 that was our special price if I paid yearly $100 I finally got enough money together to buy my own tank from Thrifty and only paid $0.76 a gallon and their normal rate is about $2 30 a gallon more price up front to buy the tank and such but well worth it get away from amerigas as soon as possible

I have the same problem.They want to charge over $4 a gallon!

Said I don't use enough.I'm looking into trying to get someone to see if this is legal.

Amerigas SUCKS, Had same thing happen to me.

suz
Petersburg, West Virginia, United States #934618

Just got propane 1-14-2014 $4.55 a gallon this company sucks,,way over priced ,

***ed in VA
Henrico, Virginia, United States #798365

Im in VA charged me 3.81 gal but said I have to get 800gal....who can afford 3000$$ in gas ....

charged my dad 5miles away.. 6.21gal for 150gal... Such a crooked company.

Called and told them come get their tank off my property.

I am in Maine..I use Amerigas because my previous company sold out to them 2 years ago...I just got a bill charging me $4.84/G...last bill 3 weeks ago was about a dollar less per gallon, which is still higher than the going rate...I will be changing companies as soon as the snow piles go and the new company can change out the tank...They are the biggest price gougers...I am appauled.

Jules

We just had the same thing in Ohio this winter.I tried to have our tanks filled in July/August.

They wouldn't fill until at 20 % .They just filled ours in Feb at 5.58 a gallon while local companies were 3.59

anonymous
Houston, Texas, United States #783111

Just do whatever you can to terminate your service by these crooks.Find a privately owned propane company in your area who's main goal is customer service and not stock holder dividends.

I sit here and wonder to myself how crony companies like Amerigas are able to dupe so many people into doing business with them.:?

Tukwila, Washington, United States #777383

We may all want to do what I am contemplating doing - Change suppliers, make your own adjustment and short pay your final bill.