Phoenix, Arizona

Gross overcharge without a price quote in October 2014. This was my first experience with them, because they bought out my local supplier.

I was charged $4.90 a gallon which is $1.50 more than the other local propane suppliers. I checked the spot wholesale price and it was under a dollar, so there was no excuse for a dramatic price hike. You would think that they would at least pretend to be honest on the first delivery, but they just don't care. The district manager called me after I complained to the California Attorney General's office.

He said they "have to charge more because they are such a big company". What a joke. It's a basic fact that companies want to grow so they can offer LOWER prices. He offered me a hundred dollar adjustment in the form of coupons??

It has been a month and guess what... No coupons. I am so mad now that I am afraid to call again because I will start screaming at the person that answers the call. Don't even think about using them, they are arrogant crooks.

(2015) Got a followup letter from the Attorney General's office. A manager told them that I don't use enough propane, so I was charged more, even though I buy a full tank and my neighbors use Amerigas also, so they don't have to make a special trip.

MY ELECTRIC COMPANY GIVES ME A REBATE IF I USE IF I CUT BACK MY USE.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments