Ogden, Utah

I finally got off Amerigas propane in October 2015 and told them to discontinue service after 30+ years. I was told I had a $267 refund coming - that was a lie.

I continued to get bills and threats to send to collections but never a FINAL BILL stating what they owed me or what I owed them. I had a large credit from equal pay plan and don't you know, the last little bit (25-30 gallons) I had delivered until I completely switched to natural gas cost me $2.80 a gallon, more than I've ever paid. To empty less than 8% in picking up the tank cost a restocking fee - could have been $150. All this because I had lived with a broken gauge for years that never read the correct amount in the tank - tank was never replaced ever.

Amerigas is a price-gouging, exorbitant fee charging company that I will never endorse anyone to use in Utah or anywhere in the country.

My account was closed 3 times and never got a final bill but was told today (Jan 6, 2016) that the account is zeroed out. I'll never know if they owed me money.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Gas Tank.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments