33623 Royalton Rd, Columbia Station, OH 44028, USA
1.5

Been with the company for 2 years and was locked into a decent rate. We were signed up for automatic refill so we wouldn't run out of propane.

In the first 2 years we ran out of propane twice and had to wait days to get propane for heat and hot water. Apparently, our new customer contract ran up and we were never offered a new contract. Without knowing, we recently got a $1000 bill for 272 gallons at "$3.11" / gallon... math doesnt add up to me either.

When I confronted them about it, she said she'd seen the market price over $3 when it was really cold "like -10 degrees. That would make sense if it wasn't 40 degrees.. Angry, I shopped around and the other local companies literally laughed that I got charged that much in our area. Amerigas, at a minimum, was at least $1 more expensive per gallon than any other local propane company.

They were unwilling to work with me and did not offer any compensation for not holding their end of the contract. Even after waiting a week to get ahold of a supervisor, the only option I had was to sign a new contract to save $100 on the single tank, not worth it.

To treat existing customers that was should be a crime. They literally waited til the "market price" was the "highest" in local history to fill our tank.

Funny how every other local companies market price is at between 75 cents and a dollar cheaper... especially makes no sense when the weather is 40 degrees.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Propane Tank Refill.

Comments