Franktown, Colorado:

Amerigas purchased the accounts/tanks of my previous propane provider. I prefer local companies but this is the 2nd time my provider was sold so I just decided to stay with Amerigas.

I'm in need of a refill so I called two small local companies to obtain an idea of the market rate for propane. Both quoted $1.89/gal. When I called Amerigas they quoted $3.02/gal. Needless to say, I came unglued!

They quickly backtracked and noted I was a previous customer of Mountain Propane so they could offer me a refill at $2.25/gal. What? You lower the price $0.77/gal because I complained? Why not offer $2.25/gal originally? Better yet....how about a market rate quote? If two small companies can quote $1.89/gal....why can't you? Heck, I would have accepted $2.00/gal.

I'm now in the process of trying to purchase my own tank so I can shop around and buy at market rates instead of dealing with the Amerigas monopoly.

Amerigas, be on notice I'm contacting Colorado Attorney General John Suther's office to lodge a formal complaint against your business practices. You should fined!

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Tank Refill.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 17, 2011.

Comments