Swanton, Ohio

used Amerigas because tank was here when we moved here, talked on the phone with someone and had propane delivered,no problem. then tues.

we ran out no letter or anything called company they stated thecancelled us! I asked if I could pay 200 worth of gas they said no I had to but full tank and pay 200. emergency fee. Itold them to come get their tank!

They said it was a 60.00 early termination fee and I NEVER signed contract! Said it would be 30-90 days before tank pickup! I cant get a new service until they remove their tank! They need to pay me 60.00 a day staorage fee for using my property to store their tank!

No heat and no help from them! Who can afford propane nowdays anyway!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Gas Tank.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 22, 2011.

Comments

If they concentrate on getting all the tanks picked up, thats less drivers out delivering fuel, so its a lose/lose. Also if you go with another company, it is COMMON procedure for that company to move the tank out of the way.

Most companies want to wait to pick up the tank until Spring, as to not mess up your yard, causing even more problems of course. Everyone has been through hard times, and unfortunately if a company helps every customer having trouble, they would no longer be in business. Just because they can't cater to every customer, doesnt mean they dont care.

Get a minimum fill and dont expedite if you cant afford the fee, you cant expedite them to bend if you arent willing to be understandable yourself. I couldnt afford all the gas and exp fee either, but if I couldnt, I wouldnt expend immediate delivery before every other customer.

I worked for Amerigas propane and believe me they do not always make you sign a contract and they try to bully you all you have to do is call another company and they will move the tank for you.you can also move the tank yourself.just hook it to a truck and drag it to the end of your driveway.if you this is possible for you to do.

Ocklawaha, Florida, United States #240472

No, the tank was here already when we bought the house. I only talked to someone on the phone, never signed anything!

Gray, Georgia, United States #239520

You signed the contract before they set your tank. Amerigas won't set a tank and/or deliver propane until you have a signed leasing agreement on file. Why does everyone always say "I didn't sign a contract"?

Ocklawaha, Florida, United States #239490

I understand all the problems with only buying a small bit of gas but why should I pay an early termination fee if I never signed a contract? I also would of filled my tank when I got my taxes back but they weren't willing to compromise on anything!

I JUST RAN OUT OF GAS. I DID A SEARCH FOR AMERIGAS TO GET THEIR PHONE NUMBER AND ENED UP AT THIS SITE.

AFTER I STARTED READING THE COMMENTS I THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE TO WAIT FOR GAS AND I WOULD BE BACK TO THIS SITE FILING A REPORT. I CALLED AMERIGAS AND SPOKE TO A GIRL NAMED KIM. SHE WAS VERY NICE. SHE SAID THEY WOULD SEND SOMEONE OUT TONIGHT.WE ARE ON AUTO FILL SO THERE IS NO EMERGENCY FEE.

I HAVE BEEN BLESSED. I FEEL FOR THE ONES THAT ARE HAVING PROBLEMS. I HAVE LEARNED A FEW THINGS AT THIS SITE AND HOPE I DONT HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS. I AM GOING TO READ MY CONTRACT BECAUSE I WAS NOT TOLD ABOUT THE FEES.

I WAS TOLD WHEN I TURN IN THE TANK I WOULD GET A REFUND FOR THE GAS LEFT. CHARGE FOR REMOVAL.

Ive definatly seen hard times, I have a 100 lb cylinder i bought at home depot, I load it in the back of my pickup and get 40-50 dollars worth at a time at a local filling station. Problem solved, lasts me about 2-4 weeks depending on the temp.

& I never have to talk to them or get all the extra charges.

i guess my point is that the hard times are everywhere......

tens of thousands of "propane customers" are doing this, all waiting until the last minute and wanting the smallest delivery possible. Its (the industry) simply not able to respond to multiple small deliveries from so many customers suffering from the affects of the economy downturn.

Ocklawaha, Florida, United States #239318

I only wanted to pay the 200.oo to keep me and my kids warm until I could get my taxes in back in a few days, then I would of filled my tank clear full but they offered no help and were not willing to compromise on anything! Apparently no-one there has run across hard times! Or on here!

If you had bothered to call another propane company before typing your letter above you would know that they can move the amerigas tank out of the way, sometimes they will even just buy the tank. sometimes they will return it to amerigas.

ps when you buy just 200 in gas you run out quick, causing the driver to keep going to your location causing other customers to run out.

The emergency fee is for immedate delivery. If you would have waited for them to work you into the route it would have been waived.

Hi, my name is Fran and I work for AmeriGas. I’m sorry to hear about your issues with your tank and would like to help you.

Please send your account details to me at customerfirstfran@amerigas.com so we can promptly assist you. Thank you, Fran

Ocklawaha, Florida, United States #239214

As far as sticking it to Amerigas yeah right! I am a single parent working my a** off for every little thing I have, they are a big company!

Give me a break what can I do to THEM! I am just trying to keep my kids warm! so BOOEFFINHOO KMA!

apparently you are doing ok, so mind your own business! I just want their tank out of my SMALL yard!

Ocklawaha, Florida, United States #239212

First they can't get a truck in my yard ANYWAY because it is a small fenced in yard and yes it is a BIG DEAL because my yard is SMALL and where their tank sits is pretty much the only place to put a tank! If you have a small yard then yes the tank does take up alot of space!!!

I am not throwing a temper tantrum ! How do I heat my heat my home if I can't place a new tank?

Gray, Georgia, United States #239178

Is the tank really that big of a deal, or are you just throwing a temper tantrum because you're trying to "stick it" to Amerigas? Even the larger sized tanks still take up only a tiny bit of space in your yard.

Plus how do you expect them to get a crane truck in there to remove the tank without putting ruts in your lawn this time of year? Stop being such a retard.

go find another company tell amerigas to kiss ur *** we have that problem were i work iv told them i dont blame the customer for being pissed off id do the same id give them a time frame to pick up there tank and if they didnt i would have it hauld off to the dump its on your property you dont want it there you have the right to have it removed if they dont come get it