Amerigas in Malvern Pa.takes advantage of you if you rent their tank from them. I had to pay $100.00 last July to hold price of $3.299 a gallon so far this year I've used 700 gallons and it's only Jan I'm sure will need 700 more gallons b4 end of winter.

On the open market I can get a price of $2.259 today from many propane co. So I've already paid $800.00 more this year and if I got that other delivery they would of charged their loyal customer of the past 5 years $1500.00 more then someone off the street. When I called to see about buying tank from them. Sue the lady who is there rep.

that gives out this info.(u have to call several times b4 u get answer, but I'd b afraid to tell customer amount also) The price was $2499.00 this after years of paying outlandish rental fees like the $800.00 they got just this year so far. For a tank I had to install myself they came out to set valves and gauges. Don't make the same mistake as me buy your tank. These propane company will rip you off if you give them the chance.

When I told Sue I was going to write this she stated they could get me for libel as I mentioned to her it's all true it just sound bad. I wouldn't want to b considered a Bandit either. But this is just my opinion.

I'm done letting Amerigas get the best of me. I hope this helps so you don't have to find out the hard way.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 31, 2011.

Comments

Lyman, South Carolina, United States #262946

Ever run out of gas at 3:00AM with another carrier when it was minus 5 degrees? Ever needed 24 hour service or top of the line technicians and safety?

Ever been told by amerigas they do not have any propane this week?

That is why they charge more than other companies.

Remember, you get what you pay for!

why does amerigas charge a dollar more than other companies that deliver propane ??

Hi, my name is Fran and I work for AmeriGas. I’m sorry to hear about your issues with customer service in Malvern and we would like to help you.

Please send your account details to me at customerfirstfran@amerigas.com so we can promptly assist you. Thank you, Fran