map-marker Naturita, Colorado

Absolutely worthless morons..and thieves too

Absolutely worthless..total *** and thieves. You'll be sorry..they shouldn't be allowed to answer the phones..not competant enough

User's recommendation: Stay far away

Wayne B Sye

Verified Buyer

Card Reader Issue.

AmeriGas - Card Reader Issue.

I was at Sams Club today and purchased some items for dinner. I now went to my vehicle to grab the propane bottle to exchange it.

I entered my card and made my purchase. The exchange was complete in the machine would not release my credit card. I went into the store and asked for assistance. When a store rep came outside to help me he called there customer assistance number and they told me there was nothing they could do and that my card would be destroyed if it was tried by a tech to remove it.

I reiterated numerous times to Jenn that has no last name that this was unacceptable. I was very angry and agitated as I explained I would not have any financial source without this card. Jenn expressed little to no sympathy. Because they say theres nothing they can do is unacceptable and I am not one to just say OK.

I informed Jenn I will attempt to get my own card out however, I will not be responsible for what happens to their machine for stealing my property. Jenn stated that my card would be destroyed if a service tech was called out, I reiterated once again this was not acceptable and if this cost me more than the hour I dealt with it and my card was destroyed I would sue them. At the end of all of it, I did end up getting my card back, but my message to everyone else dont just accept status quo from corporate Giants, such as AmeriGas! Of course it was out of receipt paper so no real proof of purchase other than my online statement.

It does suck Ill never get that hour back in life, but I did get my card Jenn, of course, after she terminated the phone conversation without a pleasant goodbye or no last patronizing or condescending comment.

When your a jerk to me like this, I utilize tools such as this one. Talk to your supervisor tomorrow.

Cons:
  • Customer service is atrocious

Preferred solution: What are they going to do to prevent this from happening again?

User's recommendation: DON’T USE AMERIGAS!

Mike F Otc

| map-marker Livonia, Michigan

Amerigas is Appalling

My father purchased a propane tank for our vacation home from National Propane Corporation in 1995. Amerigas took over that company and years later attempted to charge a rental fee for the propane tank we own.

My father provided the bill of sale to Amerigas and they said the problem was resolved. A year or two ago Amerigas again attempted to charge a rental fee on our propane tank. After multiple attempts to resolve the dispute, we purchased propane from another company. Amerigas refused to honor their previous commitment to us and sent the disputed rental fees to collection.

My father had a stroke last summer and is in a rehabilitation facility. Last month Amerigas put a lock on our propane tank and disrupted the gas flow to our home. I was forced to drive up there and winterize the house, which probably has damage to the water pipes from freezing up. I called Amerigas multiple times.

Each time that I requested to be transferred to a supervisor the call was disconnected. I also emailed Amerigas and the representative said that if I provided the bill of sale, which was attached to the email, they would resolve the dispute. Today I spoke with Amerigas. The representative apologized and acknowledged that we own the propane tank.

The representative said a serviceman would remove the locking device this Monday. A couple hours thereafter I received a telephone call from another representative from Amerigas demanding $179 to remove the locking device they unlawfully placed on my propane tank. When I refused to pay, Amerigas transferred me to a supervisor who now refuses to accept the bill of sale we provided. This company is appalling.

Please spare yourself a lot of aggravation and go to another company. I'll be seeing them in court.

User's recommendation: Don't use this horrible company

Hugo M Juz

Beware: AmeriGas.com - A Nightmare in Customer Service

I wish I could give AmeriGas.com zero stars for their abysmal service. Where do I even begin?

Let's start with their predatory business practices. It's like they have a playbook on how to squeeze every last penny out of their customers. From undisclosed fees to sudden price hikes, dealing with AmeriGas.com is like navigating a minefield of financial traps.

But the nightmare doesn't end there. Oh no, let's talk about their customer service or lack thereof.

You'd think that in this day and age, a company as big as AmeriGas.com would have their act together when it comes to customer support. Think again. Trying to get a hold of someone who speaks fluent English and actually understands your issue is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

And don't even get me started on their overseas customer service. It's as if they've outsourced their entire support team to another dimension where customer satisfaction doesn't exist.

When you finally do manage to reach someone, good luck getting a resolution that's anything other than a false promise. They'll tell you they've solved the problem, but lo and behold, it's still there, lurking in the shadows, ready to strike again.

And let's not forget about their penchant for hidden fees. Just when you think you've paid everything off, surprise! Here comes another charge, conveniently tucked away in the fine print of your contract.

It's like playing a never-ending game of financial whack-a-mole.

In conclusion, steer clear of AmeriGas.com unless you enjoy being taken for a ride.

Their predatory business practices, terrible overseas customer service, false resolution claims, undisclosed fees, and the impossibility of speaking to a competent human being are enough to drive anyone to the brink of insanity. Save yourself the headache and find a propane provider that actually values its customers.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Love losing money

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: stay away

Guest

"I wish I could give AmeriGas.com zero stars" Most people will NOT read beyond a lame played-out starting sentence like this.

Sean a Qqk

Haven't gotten delivery

AmeriGas - Haven't gotten delivery
Put in a order for propane on the 18th of January. Today is now the 30th and we still haven't received a delivery. Been totally out of propane since the 20th with no heat or stove to cook on. Get told every day it will be delivered tomorrow and it never comes. They already received the money for the delivery. We are in Schoharie county ny

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Find a different company

Melvin J Icp

| map-marker Jacksonville, Florida

Rude and disrespectful

Updated by user Feb 10, 2024

Nothing has been done

Original review Feb 10, 2024
On yesterday 2/09/2024 a propane delivery was made to my fathers house by Michelle Delucca ID#1035****. Michelle called my phone(daughter) at 9:07am the morning of the delivery to inform that she was at the house and no one was home.

I informed her that had she called 30 minutes before arriving someone wouldve been there. She informed me that she only had a 6 minute window to wait or else she would leave. I informed Michelle that I could have someone there in about 2-3 minutes. I called and had someone at the house within that time frame, however she didnt state that the person needed to have access to the home when talking to me the first time.

Once we found out she needed access we told her is would be about another 2-3 minutes to get the key. The access was needed in order for her to deliver the gas so that she could check to make sure that the heat and stove worked properly and that the pilot light was working correctly. Once access was gained to the home she refused to go in and check like she had stated she needed to do. However she informed that since she had to wait she could put a lock on the tank to keep my father from get any gas.

Michelle also was VERY rude and DISRESPECTFUL during this whole situation. She then proceeded to inform my family members who was there to let her in that is they dont know how to light the pilot light by now then something is wrong. Michelle is the one who asked for access to the home then refused to go in once it was opened to her. Later that evening my 67 year old father came home and his heater nor his stove would light.

I called Amerigas back to have them send someone back out to see why the stove and heater was not working properly since just got a tank of gas. They refused to send anyone else back out to complete the job that Michelle didnt do. If Michelle wouldve completed her job she wouldve seen that nothing was working. Mind you my father did have a small gas leak a couple months ago which we told her and that is why since she requested access to the home to check the stove and heater she needed to do so.

Michelle then went on to say she didnt have to check anything and that we should know how to work the appliances. Michelle was VERY rude and DISRESPECTFUL from the very first contact with me via phone.

I need this situation corrected and in a timely manner. My contact number will be down below.
VERY DISSATISFIED customer
Jennifer Johnson
Loss:
Cons:
  • Dont care about your gas as long as they get their money

Preferred solution: Refused apology and corrected situation

User's recommendation: Find another company

jenny M Kzf

| map-marker Kamiah, Idaho

Billing issues

This company does not even deserve a one star review. However, that was the only option.

My issues with this company started in 2022. Amerigas couldn't even tell us if the tank on our property which was here when we bought it in 2015 was theirs or not. We were using them while still living in Wyoming. We eventually decided in 2023 after living in Idaho for a couple of years to go with another local company since Amerigas was charging $4.09 per gallon (unless new contract was signed).

Amerigas still came out and filled our tank after we asked them to remove it and charged 1,377.00. Our new local company transferred the existing gas into our new tank and removed the tank we had been using (supposedly owned by Amerigas) and personally delivered it to their yard. Amerigas has since been charging us for tank rental and removal to this day despite my emails, phone calls, etc. Their incompetency is what compelled me to go through Pissed Consumer.

I now have a case number and I'm supposed to follow-up in 48-72 hours to see if they are actually going to remove this billing or not. Will NEVER use Amerigas again!

Cons:
  • Refuse to take responsibility
  • Incompetent
  • Too expensive

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not use Amerigas!

Terry R Tkd

Not finishing contract

AmeriGas - Not finishing contract
On November 7 I agreed to a total cost 2890.53 to buy a 250 gal lpg tank and have installed including, hooking the new tank to my present tank. As of today I have had 4 dates for the install, and 4 notices job completed when nothing has been done no one showes.they do a phone call run around tell you one thing do another. All I want is my tank installed&connected as agreed.
Pros:
  • Will take your call
Cons:
  • Do not do what they say

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Do not use this company

map-marker Jackson, Wyoming

Can't get my final itemized bill.

I gladly closed my account as there was and is now no local service. It was necessary to argue with the call center to get gas delivered and since they hardly speak English, a very difficult task. Since their call center employees barely speak English, it is necessary to go on chats that sometime last up to an hour. Amerigas then added a charge on my online account and when asking for an itemized bill they sent some BS docs which did not explain the charges. Several days were spent and this is still not resloved. I cannot get a itemized bill.

User's recommendation: Stay away from Amerigas

Pamala H Ovc

Overcharged

Original review Feb 10, 2024

First I was originally signed up for auto refill on my propane tank. I never received a bill.

I called for 5 months to get my bill so I could pay for it. I finally gave up. Received a call from a collection agency and paid them. Normally I only pay the companies but I have not been able to reach no one so itook a chance.

Paid off the bill. I thought everything was back to normal. I was wrong. Ran out of propane called and they swapped me to will call without my knowledge.

While speaking with them, found out I had a bill for $9 again no clue due to no communication. Charged me over $200 in late fees for $9. Supposedly it was waived and they were to fill up my tank the next day. I had someone at my cabin all day waiting and nobody showed.

Called back and your customer service people basically called me stupid and they have to come out in a week. I tried to explain to them the situation and that my pipe broke due to someone at your company switching me to will call without my knowledge. Finally I just received a bill from them where once again I was lied to. They did not waive the late fees nor did they give me my gas for $1.00per pound to make up for the inconvenience and incompetence of your company.

Now I have a $648 bill which should literally be half that. I need this fixed!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Customer care is lacking
  • Customer reps lie about being on delivery schedule
  • Customer service

Preferred solution: Price reduction

map-marker Saint Louis, Missouri

Price Gouging, Poor Customer Service,

I had Amerigas when I first purchased my home. They sent out renewal contracts with high prices and a 3 year term so I did not renew.

Upon cancellation, I was charged with early termination which was false, a tank pick up fee of almost 300. They are trying to hold customer's hostage with outrageous fees, I began calling in October of last year to let them know the billing was incorrect. I have 22 pages of notes with customer service to fix this. They finally agreed in Jan 2024 to close my account and zero the balance.

I got this in writing yet they are now saying they have no notes on this and have sent me to collections! I have spent 6 months and at least 15 phone calls to have this corrected.

Each phone call they say it will be escalated and fixed but it never happens. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

User's recommendation: Avoid using this company. They price gouge and charge you fees months after cancellation.

map-marker Canandaigua, New York

Charging for leaked gas

About a month ago, I smelled the gas, called the company , the guy came and told us there was a faulty part(regulator) and the gas was leaking like crazy. He fixed it and told us the delivery should be free of charge, it was 100% company fault, anyway, the gas was delivered and I was charged for it! Now Im calling and calling and the issue still not resolved. Im so frustrated that Im considering talk to my lawyer

User's recommendation: Not recommended

Tom E Noi

Unable to Get A Delivery

This has got to be the absolute worst Customer Service in history. I placed my propane order on Jan 15th with a committed delivery window of Jan 16-22nd.

I also signed up for text alerts/updates on my delivery. No alerts, no website updates on my account other than Order Received. On the morning of the 22nd at 7:40am, I receive a text saying Unable to Complete Delivery due to a locked gate. Complete lies.

I was home, the neighborhood is gated but has a call box, or call my cell which you have and I open it remotely.

After multiple calls with the woefully inadequate Call Center in the Phillipines, no solutions and still no gas delivery. No way to contact the local provider and no updates.

I now have 2% gas remaining and a house full of people and we have no hot water and can't cook.

Fill my order (copied below) and then I will NEVER use nor recommend your company.

-----

Dear THOMAS EWING,

Your order summary is detailed in this email. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 800-263-****.

You can check the status of your order anytime online within your MyAmeriGas account.

Request Summary

Reference Number: 072897****

Date Placed: 1/15/2024

Price Per Gallon: $ 3.809

Fill Quantity Requested: Max Fill

Estimated Delivery Time Frame: 1/16/2024 - 1/22/2024

Cons:
  • Very poor service and comitment

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Avoid at all costs

Diana H Pfs
map-marker Painter, Virginia

Bill, customer service, hidden charges, the list goes on

Had gas leak. Amerigas told me to call another gas company.

I called other gas company who fixed leak. Has Amerigas fill tank and my little propane tank would not start. Called them and was told my tank locked. I argued with woman that it was not locked but she insisted someone come out and unlock tank.

I told her fine however I would not pay for it since my tank was not locked. Amerigas came out and my tank was not locked. They were here for less than 5 minutes and I received a bill for $141.50. I contacted customer service and relayed the story and was told the bill would be sent in for dispute.

Never heard back from them and today received a bill with a 36.00 late fee and a threat to cut off service.

I'm buying my tank and getting rid of those theives! The local individuals working for Amerigas and wonderful but they also complained about the 1-800 service

User's recommendation: Don't use them

Le M

| map-marker Buffalo, New York

No longer Reliable

Original review Jan 18, 2024

Had scheduled a delivery in a one week window. The price was posted that we were to pay per gallon on the website as I have an account and do this online along with the expected delivery timeframe.

Temps falling and so was the propane level on our tank. Called the last day that the delivery was scheduled. Was told by customer service in the Philippines that the delivery was missed. Had then received the delivery the following week.

The driver OVERFILLED the Tank which now is HAZARDOUS in case of warmer weather an EXPLOSION COULD OCCUR!!!. The tank is so overfilled the gauge on top is PASSED the fill area and has pegged. Additionally, the PRICE ON DELIVERY WAS HIGHER! We then called Customer Service and got hung up on.

We then called back and told the person of the situation. We told them that it is an EMERGENCY. They asked if we smelled Propane and we said No. We asked is there a charge for it and they said YES, to come back even though AMERIGAS is at FAULT FOR THE OVERFILL.

We then got transferred to a male that in broken English stated that he would fix the bill and have someone come to retrieve the propane. So far we are STILL WAITING AS THE GAS HAS STILL PEGGED THE GAUGE EVEN WITH US USING A HIGHER TEMP FOR HEAT.

THE COMPANY DOES NOT CARE!!!

Additionally, the price when ordering the propane on the internet through our account we were given one price. Then the delivery driver came and overfilled the tank. But, on the YELLOW SLIP he handed us the Price Was The Same per gallon.

When Amerigas drew up the bill Online the PRICE WAS 10 CENTS MORE A GALLON. Had to contact Amerigas to get it corrected.

So, IF YOU USE AMERIGAS HOLD ON TO THE YELLOW DELIVERY SLIP AS YOU WILL NEED IT FOR PROOF TO SHOW WHAT YOU SHOULD ACTUALLY BE PAYING.

We have sent our problems to NY State Consumer office regarding Amerigas.

Amerigas WON"T EVEN REPLY to NY State. Stay away from Amerigas as they only want to gouge people and keep their company money OVERSEAS in the Philippines..

User's recommendation: Use a different propane company

Rayna M Onj

Horrible service

Won't even show up on scheduled date and time after locking the tank cause thru refused to call me before coming to the house so I could leave work. 4 days now no heat or a way to cook.
Cons:
  • Whole business

Preferred solution: If I end up in the hospital my medical expenses paid by them. This is their doing

User's recommendation: Go somewhere else!

Brands Related to AmeriGas

Cynch reviews and complaints

Cynch

0 Reviews

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article