I ran out of propane for cooking in my home. I called amerigas in Palmer and they have a woman there (Terry) that is extremely rude and condescending. They never offered to sen a man out for an extra charge (which I would have paid) and told me that they would call the morning of the delivery to let me know that they were coming. I told them that was unacceptable so she said they would call Monday (5 days later) to tell me the day they would be in my area. Who does business this way? I had to eat out for a week or cook in my microwave.

They made me wait a full week for propane!!

They are the rudest company I have ever dealt with and it happens every time I call.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 11, 2009.

Comments

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #92262

I forgot to mention that even your reply to this guy is mean and condensending and rude.

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #92260

Considering the fact that at will customers get "topped off" and extra fees for delivering, I would put the at will customers down too If I was your customer. I too ran out when I was out of state.

When I returned and found it emtpy I was charged for checking it even tho I rent the tank. I was rudely told, not once but twice by two different people it had to be tested and not once did they mention a fee to test THEIR tank. My tank has never been checked or maintained in the time I have been living here and started renting their tank unless I complained it was leaking, one of which times it was filled one day and empty the next. They promise me in the summer to maintain it in the fall.

In the Fall they promise me in the spring. They didn't want to "ruin your pretty flowers". In the spring they never show up and we do it all over. When I tried to cancel them it costs me 200.00.

When they test their tank it cost me 97.00 (Half of the fee to get rid of them). None of the fees were ever explained and when I complained about that they said I excepted their rules when I accepted their gas.

I never even knew the company I liked was bought out until I started getting poor service and complained....You can't win with this company. They are scammers.

We do our best to accomodate customers, even those who do not take responsibility for their own LP for cooking or heating. I apologize if you are a automatic fill customer, but if you are a will call customer federal regulations permit us 10 days to deliver. The old adage of "Failure to plan on your part does not constitute an Emergency on my part" comes to mind.

That being said . . . I do wish at times that we had some "rude" people that worked in our office (OK, they are rude but not in this particular motif). A will call customer calls and complains that they are out of gas. Our girls call and we are suppose to drop our scheduled customers (at our shop we have 8 hrs/day industrial routes to run so anything above and beyond that really messes us and our regular customers up) and go immediately to the OOG call.

It will help immensely if you would keep an eye on your gauge and call at aroud 30%. That way it gives the driver (who really gives a rats *** about the company) time to schedule it into his route plus it gives you time to search for the best price which most often is not amerigas.