In 2009, I bought a used propane tank from Amerigas because i was being over-charged for gas by the current LP tank provider and I wanted the choice to buy from a LP gas provider of my choice and with the lowest price. I DID NOT sign a contract of any kind with Amerigas.

In 2010, I filled my LP tank using another company. The tank was at 78% when Amerigas truck came unsolicited, squeezed in 7.8 gals. and billed me for $928 dollars (obvious meter error). I called, faxed, local office and was told to ignore the bill.

Bills keep coming. Called corporate, bills keep coming. So far, not reported to credit companies. Checked the local BBB in Charlotte, NC and found out that the local Amerigas office has an F rating.

Not surprised.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 16, 2010.

Comments

I received a bill today from amerigas for 1785.00 didnt even know they made the delivery. When I called about a payment plan they told me you have 3 months to pay it if its not paid within 3 months we will send you to collections.

To top it off I didnt even need the gas.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.