Amerigas is a ripoff! They charge excessive amounts of money for everything. Their customer services people are rude. They do not have the consumers interest at heart.

Amerigas charges the consumer to come out, to read your meter to stay, and they penalize the consumer when we become smart enough to leave their monopoly!! They refill tanks when tanks don't need refills. I once paid $2000.00 in 11/2 months.

Now that I want them to pick up their tank, they told me they might pick it up in the spring. I will seek counsel.

Stay away from Amerigas!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Tank Refill.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 28, 2009.

Comments

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

bmfoto6858
to AmeriGas Customer Service Manhattan, New York, United States #629045

Don't bother! Don't listen to this phony!

I called the CEOs office.

They don't give a ***....bob Melick the local supervisor is unprofessional and. Creep

#207301

If you spent 2000 dollars on gas in 1 1/2 months it means you USED A LOT OF GAS! It is charged by gallon.

The more often you get deliveries just means we are not letting you run out. It is not costing you any more or less. It actually makes it easier to pay the bills if trucks come more often because then you get smaller deliveries.

So your complaining because they made sure to take care of you and not let you run out? btw if your a metered customer and using 2k worth of gas that quickly you are either in a blizzard area with no insulation or you are running a drug lab in your house with plenty of bunson burners or generator...

Conclusion: It worked. They don't like to hear from the Department of Labor and Industry. Tanks picked up, 2/2/10.

Follow up - In Pa, the Department of Labor and Industry controls this. Contact them.

I spoke to my local inspector and he said they have 10 days, from date of notification to remove the tanks from your property. He had me email him all the information and said he would definitely follow up to make sure they were picked up. After contacting Amerigas, I asked Joanne how they were making out scheduling my tank pick up. Again, she mentioned springtime, but at the least they had 30 days.

I told her, not according to the Department of Labor and Industry, that 10 days from date of notification, she then put me to the manager, Curt Arnes. He seemed very concerned if I had sent the email to the inspector and questioned when I sent it. I told him it was already sent. I told him he had until 2/4/10 to remove the tanks, as this was the end of the 10 days.

He assured me he would take care of it. We'll see.

I'm currently going through the same nonsense. Penn Fuel was great.

I was with them since 1984. I received a delivery 1-22-10, $4.909 a gallon. I called other places $1.99 to $2.85 was the range. I spoke to Joanne in Stroudsburg and was told if I paid a $69 "lock in" they could cut the bill to $2.81.

I told them I refused to pay and wanted to terminate service. Received the same "We don't pick up tanks until spring" line. I am in the process of having another company come in and moving there tanks to the roadside of my property. My new provider has told me there is something about a requirement that they must pick up no later than 12 days after service is terminated.

I will respond once I know more. I have lodged a complaint with the PA Attorney General, but maybe everyone should, since this price gouging and unethical practice that Amerigas does is widespread.

you will seek counsel...hahaha so what are you out? what was your loss from having the tank there, did it cause you a finacial loss? how will you prove that, im so sick of everyone thinking they can sue someone cause they dont get things the way they want...grow up!

Write: Eugene Bissell

460 N gulph Rd

King of Prussia, Pa

19406

They will pick up your tank. That's what it takes. Crooks and thieves. Overcharging is their corporate policy set by this man and his staff of MBAs.

Write: Eugene Bissell

460 N gulph Rd

King of Prussia, Pa

19406

They will pick up you tank. That's what it takes. Crooks and thieves. Overcharging is their corporate policy set by this man and his staff of MBAs.

GET SERVICE SOMEWHERE ELSE AMERIGAS IS A LARGE CORPORATION WHICH HAS POLICIES TO FOLLOW IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM GET GAS SOMEWHERE ELSE.